Which bullet 300 Winchester magnum

Kodiak17

I have great loads in my 300 Win Mag for both a Berger 210 Hunting bullet and the Nosler 180 Accubond. They both shoot about .5 moa at 500 yards. I have never used the 210's for hunting before but it does give me a heavier bullet. I have used Accubonds and like them just curious if anyone that has used both has some insight as to which performed better.

inside 500 yards, either is great. I would choose the bonded bullet for encountering bones. But either would do. If you really stretch shots, the BC of the berger will help it retain velocity better, and drift less in the wind. Two great choices if they shoot .5

I have great loads in my 300 Win Mag for both a Berger 210 Hunting bullet and the Nosler 180 Accubond. They both shoot about .5 moa at 500 yards. I have never used the 210's for hunting before but it does give me a heavier bullet. I have used Accubonds and like them just curious if anyone that has used both has some insight as to which performed better.
I used NAB before settling with Berger. As others noted, both will do, but "I" prefer the Berger bullets.

I used the 210 for several years, performed well. No complaints. I only used them at ranges beyond 500. No experience with them inside of 500.
Have used the Accubond from 25 cal thru 375 cal. Never had one fail and they work well at ranges up to 800 in my experience.
I am now shooting the ABLR in 264WM, 270 Bee, 7 STW, 300WM and 338WM/338-416 Rigby Improved.
They are excellent at ranges beyond 1000, so you might consider them if you're shooting long.

Cheers.

I've killed quite a few elk with the 180 accubonds out of my old .300 win mag Ruger m77. Closest shot was about 20 yards furthest a bit over 400. Most in the 300 yard range. All dead very quickly. Double tapped a couple but my policy with elk is keep shooting til they quit moving. The follow ups weren't really necessary.

Thank you all for the input. Will probably be inside of 500 so will continue to go to the range and whichever stays the most consistent and whatever I have the most of will get to go elk hunting. I have used accubonds with good success just never hunted with Bergers before.

I know you didn't ask about them...When I lived in Wyoming I used the Swift A-Frame in 165 gr for about 10 years. Never had a single animal get up after being hit. Accuracy was 3/4"-1" at 100 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.