Which brake for the 5R milspec 308??

5280yotes

I have a muscle brake on my 300RUM sendero and its great, but finding a smith that would install it before 2014 is almost non existant.. I kinda want one that I could just the barrel threaded and one screwed on. The CSR looks nice, just kinda wanted to hear some thoughts. Thanks

I have a muscle brake on my 300RUM sendero and its great, but finding a smith that would install it before 2014 is almost non existant.. I kinda want one that I could just the barrel threaded and one screwed on. The CSR looks nice, just kinda wanted to hear some thoughts. Thanks
Try shooting it as is. You will find the recoil very manageable even without a brake.

I really like the Shrewd Varmint Brake I have on my .260 AR though. It's nice to be able to see your impacts even at 100yds.

Like Rose said, even with heavy hot loads the recoil is nothing compared to any magnum cartridge. Try shooting it as-is. Only 1 of my guns has a brake on it, and that's b/c it left the factory as an A-Bolt II with a BOSS system on it.

Try shooting it as is. You will find the recoil very manageable even without a brake.

I really like the Shrewd Varmint Brake I have on my .260 AR though. It's nice to be able to see your impacts even at 100yds.

Its not too bad just wanted to tame her down while shooting the heavys.. Plus the recoil pad i think is just there for looks :D.

I shoot a .308 with no brake and there are times I can spot my own trace.

square up, load the bipod, pull the trigger.

If the gun hops up or to the side your doing it wrong gun)

I shoot off my rifle bag, it folds out.. I made a para cord do thingy, that i can hook on my bipod legs so I can load the bipod even on concrete. Works good, Let me know if you want more info

Clayne B,

Can you post up some more info? I am having the issue of loading for more than one shot when shooting off my mat. In the field its easy, only need one shot, but when practicing I find it hard to stay tight for the group.

Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.