Which brake for a .300RUM

Robinhood493

I want to try a muscle brake on my new .300RUM build. Should I get the 4 port or 4 port magnum? CSR site says that the 4 port will work for the Ultra's, but would the 4 port magnum be a little better at recoil reduction?

Last edited:
Don't have one on my 300 rum and won't go there... It took me a couple of days after using my factory braked 300 win to get my hearing back after shooting my deer on an into the wind shot this year. I'm thinking of getting rid of that brake; it's my only one.

Don't have one on my 300 rum and won't go there... It took me a couple of days after using my factory braked 300 win to get my hearing back after shooting my deer on an into the wind shot this year. I'm thinking of getting rid of that brake; it's my only one.
Try the Gentry Quiet Brake or Shrewd Varmint brake.

I have both and they both make the sound of the shot far less piercing on the shooter's ears than any other brake I've tried or seen, and it is considerably more pleasant shooting with either than with an unbraked rifle.

The Shrewd is not as good with recoil reduction but if you are shooting prone it eliminates dust and debris blowing back in your face since it's a side discharge only. The Gentry is a 360 discharge.

Both however throw the sound forward and out yet are still very good and reducing recoil and muzzle flip.

I use this Titanium brake and have good results.

Attachments

• BRAKE.jpg
    BRAKE.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 69
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.