Which bolt Action?

The action IS the rifle. Barrels and stocks and optics and triggers can all be changed, but the action is the core serial numbered firearm. Get the best one you can up front, it will last for a lot of barrels.

I went with Defianace, will do it again.

For a factory rifle the Tikka T3 has become pretty much the only option I look at any more. Steps ahead of the Bergara in my opinion but that's not to say Bergara's are bad ... if you handle and operate them side by side I think you'd see what I mean. I do generally prefer Bergara's stocks though but a KRG Bravo is a pretty cheap alternative to drop the tikka into.

For Custom actions there are a lot of great options out there but you'll have to determine which features are important to you. I went with the Terminus Zeus action on my last build because I like the switch barrel capability, that action is pretty incredible! Defiance has some great options and the Gunwerks GRB action is a pretty feature rich action for $850.
Try Sako 85 Hunter stainless steel barrel

In recent years I've traded in all rifles Because I'm nuts over Tikka rifles. Everyone I have is a shooter.

Recent Posts