Which barrel??

Tikkamike

I am thinking about rebarreling my 300 win. I have a remington 700 CDL in the boone and crockett edition it is a light fluted barrel. I want to stick with the same contour and same cartrige. I want stainless fluted 26 inch finish length. So what make do you guys like?

Based on reputation, and looks, Im kinda fond of the Brux barrels with interupted fleuting. No hands on experience with them yet, but Ive seen pics, and read reviews from some members here on L/R/H, and they seem to like them.
Shilen, Kreiger, Hart, Brux, Lilja, you realy cant go wrong with any of them from what Ive read and hered. Seems to be a personal preferance thing more than anything else.

I have a Kreiger and have been vary pleased. I haven't owned any others so I cant say its better but mine is a shooter for sure. Lead time would be my only complaint.

I am thinking about rebarreling my 300 win. I have a remington 700 CDL in the boone and crockett edition it is a light fluted barrel. I want to stick with the same contour and same cartrige. I want stainless fluted 26 inch finish length. So what make do you guys like?

Your going to have to call around and find someone to match the Rem contour and flute. Kreriger only flute think #4 in SS so that heavier. You can get online to their sites mike muzzle end on your barrel and compare that to what contours that are offered. Lilja give to up to 27" at muzzle #2/#3 contour but won't flute that skinny of a barrel and Kreiger,Brux,Rock and Broughton only offer 26" muzzle on # 4 and up.

Well good luck

My 7mm RUM is at Hart getting basically the same thing done, 26" stainless fluted, factory contour. I should see it sometime in August. I talked with the folks at Lilja and they wouldn't flute a barrel in factory contour. I would have had to go with a heavier barrel. Anyway, the folks at Hart have been great to deal with.

I have barreled up lots of rifles on lots of different barrel brands and the one barrel maker that seems to meet all of the requirements (Quality,accuracy,schedule deliveries,customer
interaction, break in and consistency from barrel to barrel is Lilja).

There are lots of good barrel makers and some are good in some areas but I can find no fault
with the Lilja,s so that is what I use when it is My choice.

Just my opinion for what its worth.

J E CUSTOM

JE

I actually called lilja to ask a few questions and the woman i talked to on the phone was very rude. I asked for a tech and she said "well what do you want" I told her i had a few questions and I would like to speak to one of the techs about it. She made me ask the questions to her and her answers were very snipy and matter of fact. I decided against a lilja right there.

JE

I actually called lilja to ask a few questions and the woman i talked to on the phone was very rude. I asked for a tech and she said "well what do you want" I told her i had a few questions and I would like to speak to one of the techs about it. She made me ask the questions to her and her answers were very snipy and matter of fact. I decided against a lilja right there.

Sorry about your experience with Virgina she must have been having a bad day. But there
is no excuse for talking to anyone that way. I would ask to talk to Dan and let him know what
happened.

They have been very busy but that is still no excuse, and one of the reasons I stopped using some of the other brands of barrels.

As I said it is a packaged deal and the reason I still use them but if I,m ever talked to rudely
I may have to change barrel makers.

J E CUSTOM

I may just do that. Nothing against that woman but there is a reason i didnt want to talk to her in the first place. I wanted to talk to a tech someone who is in there doing the work. not answering the phones. I actually picked Lilja first of the many others because because they are just north of me in montana and i would have liked to drive up there and pick it up and see where it was made. I am looking at hart right now but I will call Lilja again and see how it goes. Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.