Which Ballistics Software

Matt Regalia

I want to get a ballistics software program. But I don't know where to start. I shoot a 338 lapua mag. Is there user friendly software for a beginner?

Matt

Hi,
Another choice is Point Blank from Dallen's Huntingnut.com. This is stand alone software that he has written, and is also FREE. It goes out to 1000 yards. For longer distance (3000 yd), I use PCB, also free if you can find a copy of it, as the web site doesn't work any more.

Good Luck.
C'ya. Jeep.

I personally like Tioga available from Lilja.
It works! Gives you scope clicks and MOA drop. That's all I use it for. It does more
but I don't use the other functions much.

I have the load from a disk and I like it real well. It too has the click chart, MOA drop plus starting loads for reloading with CUP and psi pressures. It's the only program I use, I hope I have'nt posted this to late as I just joined minutes ago.
Dave.

I have the Sierra one dont waste your money not accurate at all. I have heard VERY good reports about Quickload. The guys at the Accuraterelaoding forum seem to rave about it. Pricey though at $149. I did have Don G run a load for me and I had already chronoed the load and it was very close with in 40 fps. It has all the powders that i have every heard of in it. Go to this site for a free down laod trial. www.neco.com

Warning! This thread is more than 23 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.