Which ballistics app?

Well here is mine !
20200410_110108.jpg

All,

im finally able to shoot some reasonable distance at my house. I cleared out a 650 yard range. Before this I've only been shooting to 400 yards with hold over lines. Now I actually have rifles with MOA target style turrets. My question is I've been using some free software like jbm ballistic, but let's say you set the increments even to 50 yards, what do you do when you have an odd range to target. So for example, let's say you know you moa at 650 yards and at 600 yards How do you know what To dial For something which might be 633 yards? Are there programs where once I load my load information and weather conditions I can then type in my ranges yardage and it will give me back the MOA for that specific range instead of a giant table?

Here is some free and precise advise. Use at least 2 sources and get a Labradar for accurate muzzle velocity readings. 600y is where the wheels come for 99% of shooters. I've seen this prove out for years. Get the AB Software for Windows PC as one. Get the ABiPhone software if you use iPhone and get a Garmin 701. Always use the CDM's custom drag models.
Yes there are others and yes you will get close but if you want accuracy and precision I can walk you through this journey of increasing your range of confidence. Follow on IG @LibertyHillPrecision or @ranch565. Happy to help.

I like Bullet Drop app. It let's you add most parameters quickly. you will need to know your clicks to correspond to hold over. I also have found Swarvoski's ballistic turret app will help you get clicks that are close to 1/4 in clicks, if that makes sense. That being said, all this is just a way to get started. You will learn your scope and make up cards to get better numbers. Ryan Cleckner has great youtube videos and a good book. I recommend his info for anyon.

All,

im finally able to shoot some reasonable distance at my house. I cleared out a 650 yard range. Before this I've only been shooting to 400 yards with hold over lines. Now I actually have rifles with MOA target style turrets. My question is I've been using some free software like jbm ballistic, but let's say you set the increments even to 50 yards, what do you do when you have an odd range to target. So for example, let's say you know you moa at 650 yards and at 600 yards How do you know what To dial For something which might be 633 yards? Are there programs where once I load my load information and weather conditions I can then type in my ranges yardage and it will give me back the MOA for that specific range instead of a giant table?
Strelok Pro

Applied Ballistics is what I've been using for years. It allows you to true your velocity and gives you the option for a dope card, (like you mentioned) or a one range, specific fireing solution. You can save individual rifles with different loads to make it quicker to use next range session.

All,

I use Applied Ballistics app. It is by Bryan Litz. You might check it out.

All,

StrelokPro is one of the best - it works

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.