Which Atlas bipod?

Brush buster

Pretty much decided on getting an atlas but I can't decide which to get. Basically between the psr or the cal. I like the pod loc on the cal but I'm not sure if I will miss the panning feature of the psr. What do you guys think?

I must own 11 Atlas bipods, IMO the psr was the worst. General consensus in the group I run with, the non rotating legs wasn't what is was cracked up to be. Buy spiked feet if it is sliding on you.
I like the Cal, it is slightly taller, but unless the bipod is under a full load, and the feet are dug in the ground, the bipod will follow the stock, the mount is pretty rigid.
Not bad mouthing a product, but that tightening knob on the bottom of the bipod has to me, always been a pain. Some are smooth and flat out work, the next a crap shoot, the Cal eliminates that.

What caliber are you running? I use a PRS on my 6.5CM it works great but I "borrowed it" for my .338LM and it just wasn't up to the task. Hanging that big of a rifle on a bipod where the bore's center line is above the top of the stability triangle just doesn't work so good. I ended up ordering a Super CAL and a 5-H to try. The 5-H is staying with me! With an Area 419 spigot adapter and ARCA clamp the top of the triangle is just about inline with the center line of the scope. Needless to say stability increased tremendously! The CAL will offer the same if to a lesser degree I will agree with @milo-2 that the cant locking mechanism is uber fiddley on the 5-H to say the least but is far superior to the PRS's tension knob and when banging steel from the belly benchrest position it doesn't bother me too much. If I was hunting? CAL or Super CAL no question! WAY faster adjusting mechanism that locks up tight and is easy to adjust (The 5-H uses a star wheel with click detents and a QD locking lever PLUS a screw in pin to disable cant completely. Over complicate things much Atlas???) but you do sacrifice pan, at least on the Super CAL. Also not bad mouthing Atlas. I love their stuff!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.