Which annealing machine do you recommend?

You can not adequately control the temperature, if you over heat it, you making it too soft IMHO
Then how do the ammunition companies who anneal millions of pieces of brass every year that use flame to anneal brass do it safely?
I've seen videos of ammo companies assembly line type mass annealing systems and unless I am missing something and admit I very well could be, it looked to me to be a annealing process the length of time which the brass neck and shoulders are exposed to direct flame is controlled by the speed of the rotory device that the brass rides in
Essentially the same as a Bench Source Annealing machine.
I do not see how you couldn't nearly if not exactly duplicate those results with any number of commercial or DIY annealing machines and Templac
Am I missing something?

Last edited:
Then how do the ammunition companies who anneal millions of pieces of brass every year that use flame to anneal brass do it safely?
I've seen videos of ammo companies assembly line type mass annealing systems and unless I am missing something and admit I very well could be, it looked to me to be a annealing process the length of time which the brass neck and shoulders are exposed to direct flame is controlled by the speed of the rotory device that the brass rides in
Essentially the same as a Bench Source Annealing machine.
I do not see how you couldn't nearly if not exactly duplicate those results with any number of commercial or DIY annealing machines and Templac
Am I missing something?
No. It's the same thing.

No. It's the same thing.
Again, the AMP is only taking a reading on one piece of brass and then that reading is used for all pieces. You can duplicate very accurate results using any induction systems using tempilac. 700, 750, and 800. As long as your pieces get above 700 and stay below 800 they will be properly annealed and very consistent. For the budget minded person this will be plenty in my opinion.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts