which annealer?

I am standing by waiting to hear the logical explanation why the $1000 + AMP is exponentially better on target than the $300 Annealeez.
Well if you owned and used four of the top Annealers with the AMP being one of them then you will know the explanation.
You will have a personal preference with each one as to Price, Ease of Annealing, and Quality.
Price doesn't mean the Best
Ease of annealing doesn't mean the Best
Quality + Ease = You determine.

Sold our almost new Annealeez for $100 the day after using an AMP just to help out another reloader that didn't want or thought spending money on an AMP. Don't get me wrong the Annealeez works OK when you "TUNE" it in. But there is no comparison to an AMP.
There are hundreds of different opinions on Annealing and maybe all correct.
It all comes down to personal preference between Propane (torch), SALT, and Induction. If you are a DYI there are some really good DYI Videos for making your own Induction Annealer. I am on of those guys that don't want to spend money if I can make it. You can see some of the reloading equipment that I built, but the AMP is proven with technology to anneal any brass case that you have.
GREAT Machine!
I always say use what you can afford and are comfortable with.
Don't just get an AMP if you only reload 100 cases a year of one caliber or maybe you want the best!

Last edited:
I have owned both trust me the Annealeze is not on the same level as the amp
I'm not disagreeing, just not hearing why.

Well if you owned and used four of the top Annealers with the AMP being one of them then you will know the explanation.
You will have a personal preference with each one as to Price, Ease of Annealing, and Quality.
Price doesn't mean the Best
Ease of annealing doesn't mean the Best
Quality + Ease = You determine.
Probably right. Just wish someone could articulate why.

Also, what are the other 3 alpha class annealers?

Well a man has to know his limitations that's why I ask you to trust me .I'm not very well spoken or good at explaining details for that I suggest you go to the amp website they will get very technical and explain everything .all I can say it does a great job it is so simple ,I don't have to chase my flame always trying to readjust it the Amp is so sensitive when you use Aztec mode and analyze one case it destroys the case but if you do this with different lots of brass or different brands of brass you will see large variations in your number that tells me it is more accurate and in this sport everything is expensive we all know that and most of the time you get what you pay for.

Also I forgot to mention in the above post I don't have a flammable gas inside my house or a molten salt lava! a lot to be said for safety as well

Probably right. Just wish someone could articulate why.

Also, what are the other 3 alpha class annealers?
Well you can ask why does Rain fall from the Sky and get several answers.
Look up just on LRH the Posts on Annealing. Then the Internet
Every company that makes an Annealer will have a story. You just need to read, research and decide. No matter what I say one way or another on any Annealer there will be a Hundred Posts either agreeing or disagreeing.
You need to say how many different caliber cases will I anneal, then how many each caliber. Are you just hunting or a Competition shooter? If a Hunter you still may want the perfect precision when reloading.
If you do your own reloading and use the process of annealing you may want to see the difference in several annealing machines.
BUT that is not why you are asking the question on LRH to get more questions. You want to be able to get a consensus on what we are all using. Good Luck because LRH members use the AMP - Induction, Flame - Propane and some use SALT.
Buy Once Cry Once!
It is an investment and you should only want to buy once.
PM me if you want and we can talk on the phone for some of our OPINIONS.
Thanks
Len & Jill

I am standing by waiting to hear the logical explanation why the $1000 + AMP is exponentially better on target than the $300 Annealeez.
All about bragging rights. I anneal a few k at a time with my super plain annealeze. For the amount of brass mentioned just use a torch and socket in a drill. Don't over complicate easy things to do.

Believe me I have very little worth bragging about it is simply the best machine made for the job! if it's too much money for some so be it ,I live on Social Security it was very hard for me to swing it I didn't do it to brag I did it because it is the best tool for the job!

Believe me I have very little worth bragging about it is simply the best machine made for the job! if it's too much money for some so be it ,I live on Social Security it was very hard for me to swing it I didn't do it to brag I did it because it is the best tool for the job!
Just got this pic yesterday now I'm bragging!
F12169E3-FC5C-443E-9325-C868A04E321B.png

as other said, its all about possibilities and preferences. I produce and sell AGS Annealer - what I had in mind when making it is to have it quite affordable for most of the shooters (and compact lol). AMP is aiming for those that want it super perfect with ease. I just cant compare them, like I couldnt compare a Ferrari and a Yugo. Yes, both will get you to your destination, but there is a difference while driving it.
Using torch annealers with regulated propane tanks and tempilaq will do the same job with consistent results every time, have that in mind. Setting up torch annealers (not just mine product) isnt that complicated, its a 3 minute job. I havent tried salt bath so I cant speak about that. DIY induction annealers require same setup process at least once. Torch and drill wont be consistent (from my experience).