Which alliant powder for creedmor

DXHI

wanting a temp stable powder for my creedmor..
Can hardly find Hodgson around here and I'm tired if the indefinite backorders on their stuff ...

Which powder should I go with?
Shooting 121 hammers

wanting a temp stable powder for my creedmor..
Can hardly find Hodgson around here and I'm tired if the indefinite backorders on their stuff ...

Which powder should I go with?
Shooting 121 hammers
rl 15, 16 or 17, 16 has worked the best for me had good luck with h-4895 with 120gr bullets also and normally easier to find

Last edited:
I have good luck with RL-15 in my 22" Creedmoore. But hey, as Michael Keyton would say: "Yeah, Reloader 15, Reloader 16, whatever it takes" 😀😀

I'm shooting 140 Bergers at 2875 with RL16 in a 22" barrel

I hear that RL26 works well with the CM too, but that stuff is like gold dust and I save mine for other guns

What kind of velocities are you seeing in your22" creedmoor and what grain bullet?

corey
Hi Flare,

I've never put the Magnetospeed on it. I just shot for group size because I don't plan on using it out past 225 yards. That's as far as I can shoot in my back yard! Anyway, I run a 130 Accubond in it .020" off with 36.8 grains of RL-15. Its a puppy load. Published data says you can run it up to 39 grains but I got .375 MOA out of it at the lower charge and fast kills out to 225, so I figure why beat my stuff up? Anyway, now I'm curious so next range trip I'll see how fast they are going. My guess would be low 2600's.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.