Which adjustable front shooting rest for the bench?

The Bald Eagle is good, I have one. I was VERY disappointed with the cable windage adjustment, however. It will put it above your price range but I got a Shadetree top for it with joystick and it's perfect. I do compete with it however.

I have that rest and the one I upgraded to, a much pricier SEB rest, but for just shooting groups with hunting rifles I still typically use 2X6 pieces and a sand bag...

I have the cast iron Bald Eagle and was disappointed with the cable too. I took the cable off and just put a knob on it. If I had it to do over again I wouldn't have bought the windage top.

Looking for a new front shooting rest for bench shooting. What's out there? I don't shoot competition so I don't want to spend crazy money but I also don't want super cheap quality. Budget is max 200$ but obviously the cheaper the better. Please do not suggest bipods. Just adjustable front rests please. I already have a nice leather rear bag. Thank you!
I would look at the bald eagle ! They are excellent for the money !

Get the Bald Eagle - I have a Sinclair which I ended up buying the Bald Eagle top plates to adjust for various bag rests - If I had to do it again I would just buy the Bald Eagle. All that said I like my Bulls Bag best.

I have an old Hoppes BR that I got in 1981. I got fed up with it rocking back - one leg to the rear, so I filled the legs and hub with lead and used 11" x 1" x 1/2" bars to widen the stance. The added weight and the wider stance, it ain't going nowhere.

You can buy a excellent used one cheap now a days off of of some of the target shooting forums. So many of us old guys passing away and or middle aged guys don't shoot that much any more. Start watching the target shooting website classified sections. In couple weeks I am sure some one will have one listed at 1/2 price of new. That's what I'd did. Older man passed away kids hunted more than target shot. Sold me a $800.00 rest for 350.00 and he paid shipping. He wanted to use money for a pistol. MD .

I just received my Grizzly Bald Eagle rest yesterday, 4/22 , after waiting for a shipment to come in. If you decide on one, get it NOW! Not joking, it could be months before they get more once they are gone....So far, it looks like it will do everything I will ever need....get the cast iron one, it's heavy but that helps stabilize the rifle..and I believe you could recoup most of your money if you decide to sell...rsbhunter
It seems like Grizzly may be getting out of gun stuff completely since they shut down bullets.com

If they are getting low, this might be your last chance.

I bought a Big 50 with windage, F class feet, extended screws and a 3" bag last year. I also bought several of their loading blocks and brushes/jags that were on sale because I didn't know if I would ever get an order together that made sense with shipping costs before all of that is gone.

I think the rest with accessories and bag was about $230 and it is massive. I wasn't joking about it being a jack stand, it could probably hold up a car. I haven't messed with the windage yet. I have seen a few people who have "improved" theirs, I might try that if I don't like it but I'm not a competition shooter, I don't think I'll need a $500 joystick head.

I could have gone with a smaller rest and even aluminum but I wanted something I'll never outgrow. I think it will take a really really heavy bench rest gun in 20mm wildcat before I would want to upgrade and if I ever get to messing around with 20mm wildcats, something would have gone really really right for me or really really wrong.

I had a bunch of different ones right out of the gate and ultimately settled on a Bald Eagle. Once I got that rest I can't image life without it.

It's also reasonably priced. (https://www.grizzly.com/products/Bald-Eagle-Rest-Slingshot-Cast-Iron/BE1006://www.grizzly.com/products/Bald-Eagle-Rest-Slingshot-Cast-Iron/BE1006)
I've had a Bald Eagle rest for several years. I have the aluminum base and it is plenty heavy. You will need to buy a front bag for it. It doesn't come with one, and the cheaper Caldwell bag doesn't fit. Only the Bald Eagle $42 bag fits. For the price it is a very good rest.

can you change tires with the Bald Eagle?

HPIM3744.jpg

HPIM3736.jpg
I am liking this but I think your red neck is showing just a little

Caldwell Rock $80 or Rock BR $175 are good rests. That said, for load development, I can't outperform a bulls type bag with any rest.
Caldwell tack driver makes every trip to the range these days.

I have a Bald Eagle for sale for $150. I upgraded so I don't need it perfect condition they are 189 new

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.