Which action for 6.5 prc

I think I will def go medium action do any of ya know where best place to order them is I have money ready
Do yourself a favor and get a long action. There are numerous reasons why but the biggest is that you may one day decide to move up from the PRC to a longer case and you'll then be able to just rebarrel and maybe change bolts if the cartridge you upgrade to has a different bolt face.

and the other side of the coin.....

Do yourself a favor and get a short action. There are numerous reasons why but the biggest is that you may one day decide to downsize from the barrel burning PRC to a milder, shorter case and you'll then be able to just rebarrel and maybe change bolts if the cartridge you upgrade to has a different bolt face.

Seekins Havak action. They were smoking deal on Cyber Monday at 30% off, maybe catch the next sale. Seems like there is always at least 15% off available if you subscribe to their mailing list.

The action works well for 6.5 PRC in their Havak PH1 rifle. I believe that it is technically a 'medium' length action. I know that the carbon fiber magazine used with the short action in their PH1 rifle allows for a 3.15" COAL.

Whichever action you buy make it a long action with 3.6" mag box so you can take advantage of the newer heavy for caliber offerings that are out now and which will be coming soon.

I'd also go with a minimum 1:8tw and probably 1:7 if you plan on "keeping up with the Jones'" as new heavier for caliber bullets come out.

As to which brand to buy? Depends on your budget and taste. I won't waste my money again on anything that doesn't have CRF and a Claw extractor but that's my own personal prejudice.

Literally millions of nice customs have been built off of blueprinted Remington 700 actions and pretty well all custom actions you can buy today are modeled off of the M70, M700, or Mauser anyhow.
Did you know that none of the major bolt action sniper rifles fielded by the US military in the last 70 years have employed a controlled feed action. In the civilian world, the fast-growing Precision Rifle Series long-range competitions has shooters performing feats of Outstanding marksmanship. Across the board, the dominant action type among the top PRS competitors are the Remington-style push feed and its derivatives.

Bought a Savage 111 in 7mm RM a year ago at a cost of $295 out the door. The barrel was toast (rust and pits inside and out so I had it jerked and the action Cerakoted graphite black. The stock and action now sit in my safe awaiting a barrel, most likely in 6.5PRC although I am keeping my options open.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.