Which action for 6.5 prc

That's sweet how does titanium actions hold up compared to defiance or bighorn tho

That's sweet how does titanium actions hold up compared to defiance or bighorn tho
Titanium has two things going for it. It is lightweight and it is very corrosion resistant. Any other comparison to steel and the steel wins.

with the PRC don't get anything in a SA like others have stated get an XM length action from defiance or lone peak. the freebore that has become standard is .188" and even with the wyatts extended or the 300 wsm accurate mags they literally barely fit and you wont be able to chase the lands as they burn in and if you choose the 150 smk or bigger JLK and berger it will be a single shot. get an XM you wont regret it!

I would personally try to do a flat top stock and have a gunsmith that can inlet exactly to your action.

Should be a sweet build!

One other bit of advice. A standard Bartlein 3B contour will have a 1.200" chamber end diameter. If you are set on a Bartlein, order it custom made from them with a 1.250" diameter. If you are lucky, you won't get someone that argues with you when you call.

get them direct from defiance and get the XM metal also .. youll have to order a custom stock because they are .250" longer. that way you can order it how ever youd like with what ever options you want

This is what I ordered in my Defiance Rebel XM med action along with their bottom metal, this was as EH states above and then you have the room in your mag box if you want to seat your bullets out further,
I used a Wildcat SA Stock and my gunsmith modified it to fit.
He also added a high comb and a palm swell and shaped/shaved the stock to fit my thumb for my right hand.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.