Which 7 would you choose?

I seem to see 7SAUM brass for sale either here or on 24 hr Campfire classifieds about every 7-10 days or so it seems. Maybe every 2 weeks. Remington, Norma and ADG are what I thing I remember seeing.
Bruce

Is quality SAUM brass available?
ADG had a dump not too long ago, probably out of stock again. But it happens. And Gillette is right, it comes up with reasonable regularity. It's not fun but it happens. Some sold last week on here. Nosler is less common than what he mentioned but it's worth getting. I sold mine before I used it but it measured very consistently.

I would say 7 rem mag on an 8 twist barrel is the easy button. If you want a short action, 7 saum. Adg makes brass for both. Saum and 280ai are virtually the same case capacity. I can't get excited about the 280ai. You can do a 7 saum improved, but that will lower barrel life. The new 7 prc fits the bill also. Adg and Peterson are working on brass for it. Ots of good choices.

I would say 7 rem mag on an 8 twist barrel is the easy button. If you want a short action, 7 saum. Adg makes brass for both. Saum and 280ai are virtually the same case capacity. I can't get excited about the 280ai. You can do a 7 saum improved, but that will lower barrel life. The new 7 prc fits the bill also. Adg and Peterson are working on brass for it. Ots of good choices.
Which saum improved are you referring to?
SS or Max?

For the criteria you state, which I went through myself, I would go either 28 Nosler or 7STW, which is what I chose after trying the 7RM, which I thought was lacking.

Cheers.

Yep, my 7 SAW does 2875 with a 1:9 and 162gr

Alright guy's what is the 7 saw? Is it basically an Ackley improved 7.08?

To clear up a question asked several times I do hand load. Store ammo availability is no concern to me and I'm not fond of fire forming but have been around the block with straight fire forming, cream of wheat and hydraulic form dies.

My velocity/performance goal is 162-175 class bullets at 2800-2950 fps…I seem to run everything around those speeds from 243 to 338 Norma Improved.

280AI fills the bill in so many ways. Lighter weight-wise than a magnum action. Minimal difference using a bolt gun between short and standard length actions. Excellent performance with an abundance of case makers if you handload. Nosler and Norma make excellent factory ammo. Great ballistics from 21" to 24" barrel lengths. I've owned 7RemMag, 7STW and 7-08. 280AI outshined them all IMO. Good luck!
I mean no offense-I am just trying to understand. When you say that 280AI "out shined" 7STW, what d- you mean? Out shined in what ways?

I mean no offense-I am just trying to understand. When you say that 280AI "out shined" 7STW, what d- you mean? Out shined in what ways?
Much lighter and shorter barrel. Easier to hunt with or carry. Much more efficient on powder. Better availability of factory ammo. Better barrel life. Less expensive to shoot. 7STW is a good cartridge, but the 280AI would be my preference.