Which 6.5 SAUM Die Set?

yote doctor

Hello. Looking for some help here. My new build is almost complete.

6.5 SAUM
Reamer used (4s "no turn")

I've looked at a few of the available die sets. Just wondering what you SAUM shooters are using and your thoughts. I've used the Match S Bushing dies in other calibers but is it really necessary?

Thanks

I ordered whidden dies for mine. Seater die works great, but sizer die is a little difficult to use. If I don't lube well I get stuck cases and if I lube just a little too much I get dented shoulders. It is very Lube sensitive. Hornady one shot spray case lube won't work. I get a lot of stuck cases. RCBS lube-2 gets me a lot of dented shoulders

I use the 7 SAUM Redding Type S with appropriate bushings. Works fine and is a lower cost option.

Do the whidden have a vent hole drilled? That would maybe eliminate the dented shoulder.

I also had stuck and dented cases with RCBS lube with different dies, switched to hornady unique haven't had any issues since.

I'd go redding, but i prefer redding to the one whidden set i've had. I'll be going whidden for the 7 SS though as i think it's the only choice.

Another vote for the Redding 7saum FL die with appropriate bushing....
Have the whidden die set as well, I use the seater, works well but had to hone out the sleeve, it was tight and would grab cases and not let them fully enter the sleeve leading to inconsistent seating depth till I figured that out... also had to replace the seater stem in it as it wasn't long enough.... tried to use the whidden FL die but I get terrible run out with it in my coax press unless I have it threaded right down to contact the shell holder but then it sizes the brass way too short...

Orch

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.