Which 6.5 Grendel? – Buy or Build

I haven't seen anything WSSM in a gun store in almost a decade... Y'all must have some seriously old stock mom & pop stores around there. Not that I would be complaining, because they usually have stuff the popular and big stores don't...But they also don't tend to move as much product as fast as the big stores do.

I'm looking for a .473" bolt and barrel extension for an AR-15 (not an AR-10), for a couple wildcats I've designed, but can't seem to find anyone who makes one... You know of anybody?

Different parts of the country carry different stuff. Depends on what the shop likes as well. If the shop owner has one they will have brass for it, if not.....

458 Socom bolt.

Reloading Components

How would a 6.5 Creedmore AR10 compare in weight and size to a 6.5 G AR15? Ultimately if I really want to get out there, I have a .300 win mag. This gun will mainly be used for coyotes, wolves, maybe deer in the right area, and target practice. I'm not planning on shooting elk or long range deer with it. It offers a big jump in performance compared to a 5.56.
The weight will be deterimined by how you rig it out.

My heavy AR260 is about 14lbs but they can be put together in a considerably lighter platform. The PRS Stock and 24" 1" bull barrel add a lot of excessive weight.

One of next year's projects for me is to rebarrel it to a shorter and lighter contour to make it a more utilitarian carry rifle.

The weight will be deterimined by how you rig it out.

My heavy AR260 is about 14lbs but they can be put together in a considerably lighter platform. The PRS Stock and 24" 1" bull barrel add a lot of excessive weight.

One of next year's projects for me is to rebarrel it to a shorter and lighter contour to make it a more utilitarian carry rifle.

If I'm going to carry 14lbs around for coyotes, I might as well carry my 300, 2 pounds of beef jerky, a summer sausage, a tray of brownies, a big bottle of water, a ring ding, and a box of ho hos.

If I'm going to carry 14lbs around for coyotes, I might as well carry my 300, 2 pounds of beef jerky, a summer sausage, a tray of brownies, a big bottle of water, a ring ding, and a box of ho hos.
Like I said, it all depends on your components.

This one was purpose built for long range shooting not for carry. Skip the 24" Heavy bull barrel and PRS stock and you can lose several pounds getting down in the 9lbs range.

I have the both the grendel and the creedmoor in AR platforms. The Grendel is an 20in barrel alexander arms upper and the creedmoor is the heavy DPMS setup with the PRS stock. Personally the biggest seller for the grendel is the fact that you can put it in an AR-15 and have a light longer distance shooter. If it going into a bolt gun any of the other 6.5 options give your far better performance and better options.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.