which 6.5 bullet?

Landkiller

My wife is going to hunt elk next year with her 6.5 CM. It shoots both Nosler Ab 140s' and 140 Bergers fine, which would you recommend? Thanks.

Do you expect longer range shots as a possibility or not? Closer range I'd say go with the Accubond, but if longer range shots are possible, go with the Berger.

Killed my bull with a 140gr berger vld hunting moving 2800fps. Only about 100 yards away, one and done. Good luck next year on your hunt.

The Berger 140 is absolutely awesome on elk regardless of range, never have shot an elk twice with one and I've shoot a good number with them.

My boy shot a 6X6 with Berger 6.5 140 VLD this year at 500. 2 shots through the front shoulder and into chest cavity and exited on the off side brisket area. Bull was done in 20 yards.

Just killed a big bull @ 400 yards with the 143 gr ELD-X penetrated all the way through the bull with a golf ball sized exit. I am definitely looking at the ELD-X in other calibers now.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.