• Browning

Votes: 28 44.4%
  • Seekins

Votes: 23 36.5%
  • Bergara

Votes: 14 22.2%

• Total voters

Brent21

Ok guys and gals I am new to this site and I'm needing help. I have done a decent amount of research and have narrowed down my next rifle to these 3 weapons in the 300 WM. Browning Hells Canyon McMillian Ambush LH, Seekins Havak, and I really like Bergara Premire HRM Pro or their ApprochI'm not stuck on these 3 but they all fit the price range for me. I'm certain this topic has been beat to death but as I stated I'm new to this site and really want to make the right purchase when spending this much.

Thanks,
Brent

I'd also look into the fierce fury or Christensen Ridgeline. I choose the browning because it has a fast twist barrel that will shoot any of the LR bullets today and I prefer the McMillan stock over those on the other two. All of them are fine choices though and should serve you well.

I'd also look into the fierce fury or Christensen Ridgeline. I choose the browning because it has a fast twist barrel that will shoot any of the LR bullets today and I prefer the McMillan stock over those on the other two. All of them are fine choices though and should serve you well.
I actually looked at the Ridgeline and saw many concerns with their barrels. I like you am leaning towards the Browning and the biggest knock I have seen was their trigger. Timney has a solution for that.

I actually looked at the Ridgeline and saw many concerns with their barrels. I like you am leaning towards the Browning and the biggest knock I have seen was their trigger. Timney has a solution for that.

Several of my hunting buddies have ridgelines and all of them shoot well. All of Christensen's barrels that I've shot and owned have been good quality. Out of curiosity, what did you see wrong with them?

Several of my hunting buddies have ridgelines and all of them shoot well. All of Christensen's barrels that I've shot and owned have been good quality. Out of curiosity, what did you see wrong with them?
Well under review a guy was having issues in getting a Sub MOA with 5 shots and compired it to a Tikka. The more he shot the Ridgeline the wider the groups became. I understand as I hunting rifle it shouldn't take more than one, however I did find it to be concerning.

Well under review a guy was having issues in getting a Sub MOA with 5 shots and compired it to a Tikka. The more he shot the Ridgeline the wider the groups became. I understand as I hunting rifle it shouldn't take more than one, however I did find it to be concerning.

Attachments

• 9CD1C8F2-1FEE-4FEC-9DE2-33BF71DD3C3A.png
    9CD1C8F2-1FEE-4FEC-9DE2-33BF71DD3C3A.png
    110.5 KB · Views: 279
Thanks for the input this is also much less expensive. Is there a reason you feel that is a better rifle? Just curious not questioning you.
It has the 5R Rifled barrel (not the standard Remington barrel), and has been a proven shooter. I have 2 of them myself, one .308 Win, and one .300WM just like in the link. I've never shot the .300WM, as at the time I bought it I had several other customs I was doing load development for and just never got around to it... But my .308 Win shoots in the .1xx" range if all the stars align, and it averages .25x" to .35x" 5-shot groups with handloads. The target in my avatar was shot with my 5R .308 Win. That was 24 shots hot-lap, with no breaks for cooling. If I had not slightly pulled the final shot (center-right), it would have been under 1.000" after accounting for bullet diameter (proper measuring). :cool:

Ok guys and gals I am new to this site and I'm needing help. I have done a decent amount of research and have narrowed down my next rifle to these 3 weapons in the 300 WM. Browning Hells Canyon McMillian Ambush LH, Seekins Havak, and I really like Bergara Premire HRM Pro or their ApprochI'm not stuck on these 3 but they all fit the price range for me. I'm certain this topic has been beat to death but as I stated I'm new to this site and really want to make the right purchase when spending this much.

Thanks,
Brent
I would definitely look hard at the Remington 700 Gen2 Milspec. I have one in .260 Rem and if I'd bought that before my other .300wm's I would have immediately bought one in .300wm to go along with it.

When you can shoot factory ammo at .3-.4moa all day long for 1,100.00 it makes no sense to me to do anything else.

As somebody suggested to me in a similar thread, it's probably a good idea to shoulder them at a gun store to see which one fits you best.

I have a Ridgeline. Very nice and very accurate. If weight isn't an issue then the rem 700 police or rem 700 5r is tough to beat for the money. I have a ridiculously accurate 700 police in 300 ultra listed in the classifieds. But if win mag is what you're after then the Ridgeline or the rem 700 police and 5r are all very nice but I have heard good things on the Hells canyon but have not shot one. Anything McMillan is gonna be top notch as well .Cooper 92 is a very nice ultra light option

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.