Which 2-Piece Weaver Style Base for Rem 700?

rangerman

I would appreciate any suggestions on which 2 piece base that has worked well for you on your Remington Model 700's. I will be using the Warne Maxima rings with a Burris 3x9x40 with a 1" tube. This will be mounted on a Remington 700 SPS 7Rem Mag.
I had planned on using the Ken Farrell one piece 20 MOA base like I have on my long range rig but would rather keep the weight on this rig down as I will be packing it into the mountains.
I wanted to use the Burris signature zee rings but since they don't make the low height in these I thought I would just stick with the Warne rings and a 2 piece base of some sort.
Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm not answering your question sorry. I don't think the weight savings is worth the lesser quality construction of the weaver system. Why not run some night force ultra light bases and rings or some EGW aluminum ones (just as good half the price). You could file off the rail sections your not using, once you have your scope mounted up. Or have you considered Tally?

Jon

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts