Where's the powder?

Depends on what you call hoarding. I have six 8lb jugs of Varget and 16lbs of H4350 and three jugs of pistol powder. The Varget I bought ten years ago when this same thing happened. It took almost three years before my backorder was filled. I just traded two jugs of Varget to get the 16lbs of H4350. I am also sitting on 20000 rifle primers and 24000 pistol primers from the same backorder. Decided I did not want it happening to me again where I would be short. So this time around I am still set from the last go around. Hoarder or smart - you call it.

Depends on what you call hoarding. I have six 8lb jugs of Varget and 16lbs of H4350 and three jugs of pistol powder. The Varget I bought ten years ago when this same thing happened. It took almost three years before my backorder was filled. I just traded two jugs of Varget to get the 16lbs of H4350. I am also sitting on 20000 rifle primers and 24000 pistol primers from the same backorder. Decided I did not want it happening to me again where I would be short. So this time around I am still set from the last go around. Hoarder or smart - you call it.
Lucky

I don't consider myself a hoarder.

I put some versatile powders in my stock when I could find them to make sure I had enough for a couple years of range work. Things that work across many calibers I have, just in case.

Now I watch for the powders I want and once I find them I sell off the ones I will likely not use. Keeping my stock "even". I did learn how many powders are versatile. May not be the best for a particular bullet weight or caliber, but still a velocity range I can live with if I end up needing them.

I base my caliber interest in rounds that shoot like in kind powder. Just switched out a 308 barrel for a 7mm-08 barrel, may try 260 down the road.. all use mostly common powders. Makes life a bit easier, and I'm not bright enough to keep track of more than 1 caliber at a time 😊

I base my caliber interest in rounds that shoot like in kind powder. Just switched out a 308 barrel for a 7mm-08 barrel, may try 260 down the road.. all use mostly common powders. Makes life a bit easier, and I'm not bright enough to keep track of more than 1 caliber at a time 😊
I also like to keep it simple and both of the hunting calibers I handload for use IMR 4350 .
Im down to 1 lb . And looking on the internet has been a futile effort, the phrase ( out of stock ) , comes up regular .
It also boggles the mInd that 2 - 8 lb jugs of powder is close to the same price as a cheap rifle!

I have seen Retumbo, IMR4350 and H4895 locally in the last couple of months.
I need H4350, as I hear it's the shizzle in 708 🤷🏻‍♂️
H4350 is also the shizzle for 6.5 Creedmoor shooting 140-143 grain bullets. I use Varget for .223, .308, M1 Garand loads, Grendel (some disagree with this), 25-06 with 75grn V-max.