Where's the powder?

Cascabel

Howdy,
Just bought myself an RCBS Rock Chucker and bullets and I have some left over brass I saved from my 7mm Rem Mag. Just wondering where all the darn powder is? Trying to get some Hodgdon H1000 or Retumbo for my Winchester Model 70 Sporter 7mm RM, but everywhere is sold out online. Any suggestions?

You will have to be patient and keep looking at a lot of different websites. It does come up from time to time, but disapears as fast as it comes in. If you want it now, go to Gunbroker. There is always H1000 on Gunbroker for sale. You will pay a much higher price for it, but it's there to be had if you MUST have it right now. H1000 is an awesome powder for the 7mm. I would either be patient and wait for some, or pay a little higher price from Gunbroker, versus trying to find a substitute powder and trying to make it work. That's just me and my 2 cents. Good luck!

Wait for it to come to a store at a reasonable price!
I hope those gougers on gunbroker NEVER make a cent!
Try imr4350 imr7828 or rl22

A lot of those sellers dont even reload. They will beat you to the store buy the powder and resale it

I have had good luck with H1000 (currently using), Reloder 19 and Reloder 22 for my 7mm RM's.

I have been itching to try IMR 7828 SSC, but think I'll save that jug for when I get my .280 AI and .25-06 AI build completed.

There is a lot of regular *** 7828 out there.
7828 and 7828 SSC are the same thing, the SSC is just "Super Short Cut" so it meters better out of auto-scales like the Chargemaster 1500 and others like that. They have the same exact properties and burn rates.

So, if you're hand-weighing your loads, regular 7828 will be perfectly fine.

I've also been told that's a pretty good powder for pretty much all of the 7mm calibers. And appears to be one of the most universal powders I've ever seen when studying through reloading manuals.

Cascabel, I was at Bruno Shooter Supply yesterday, saw 20+ pounds of H-1000. They are in the internet, but the hazmat charge is steep for shipping. Good luck.

Thats why lester bruno has powder because no one wants to buy from him(inflated prices ,taking advantage of these hard times) powder valley nor natchez supply raised their prices!

Thats why lester bruno has powder because no one wants to buy from him(inflated prices ,taking advantage of these hard times) powder valley nor natchez supply raised their prices!
I've found so much stuff I need from Natchez that nobody else has, but guess what....They won't ship to Alabama, because they have vendors here in my state, and those vendors like to rip everyone else off. It's bullsh*t that I can't buy from them.

Why wont they ship to alabama?

I have contact in SW tennessee his reloading supply shop is Sure Match in Savannah ill be more than happy to give you his # to call and see if he has got what you want. He runs a small mom and pop shop so hes not massively huge. But if your ever in that neck of the woods you can look him up . He is 45 min north of florence Al.

Why wont they ship to alabama?

I have contact in SW tennessee his reloading supply shop is Sure Match in Savannah ill be more than happy to give you his # to call and see if he has got what you want. He runs a small mom and pop shop so hes not massively huge. But if your ever in that neck of the woods you can look him up . He is 45 min north of florence Al.
I try to fish Lake Pickwick and the Wheeler Resevoirs atleast once a year...Unfortuantely this year I wasn't able to make it up there, but it's still not too late. Weather is just about right for smallmouth bass. Might have to take another trip up there soon.

My local store sells powder and supplies, but their prices are retarded. Varget has been $27.99-31.99 a lb since before all the SHTF. Berger bullets are between $41.99-59.99 a box (depending on caliber). It's quite rediculous, but they're 5 mins from my house...So I really can't complain about the fuel I save and no shipping or Hamat fees.

I was mainly talking about good deals on scopes and stuff like that. They tend to have alot of odd & end stuff that you won't find in your local GS. I guess I just need to have it all shipped to my buddy in North Florida, PayPal him the cash and have him ship it to me for a 2nd shipping charge.