Wheres all the powder

corey suir

After my last reloading session I am running low on powder for my 300 win mag. So i went to my local sporting good store and they did have any of the powder that i have had luck with;RL19,h4350 and IMR4350. So i took to the internet to try and find some. Everywhere that i have looked has been sold out and not allowing back order. Does anyone have a place to order these powders?

Only thing I can tell you is good luck try brunos, powder valley, midsouth shooters you might consider hybrid 100v as it is usually available and would also work in your 300 win

Last edited:
I would suggest that if you can find anything you can use, buy it. It is only going to get more scarce and more expensive. I just can't believe reloaders are buying this all up and hoarding it. Loaded ammo is being bought up in a frenzy and not sure the military is not stock piling ammo too.

3rd generation shooter supply has rl-19 in 5 pounders. imr 4831 and imr7977 are both good in 300 wm and are available at other suppliers

The phone is your friend.
Out of the way LGS in some areas. Farm & Ranch stores too.
Wally World gets powder into some stores every week.
Sportsman's in Slidell may have something if you're lucky.

Had a buddy stop into a store for me (4 hour drive from here) to pick up some 8208 XBR, which has been unobtainium for a while. We'll meet next week and do the exchange. Wasn't cheap ($37/lb), but what the heck.

I heard some talk at the range that H1000 is the go to powder the Army's M2010 Enhanced Sniper Rifle and it was going to be scarce for a few years or longer.
Of course it's just talk.

After my last reloading session I am running low on powder for my 300 win mag. So i went to my local sporting good store and they did have any of the powder that i have had luck with;RL19,h4350 and IMR4350. So i took to the internet to try and find some. Everywhere that i have looked has been sold out and not allowing back order. Does anyone have a place to order these powders?
Midsouth had a bunch in the other day, or go to the Shooters World site and check out their powder. I have read favorable reviews, and it's cheaper than the name brands.

In stock!

Try western powders "RAMSHOT" Magnum powder. I get same results with a little less powder. RAMSHOT is more available also RL22 for 300WM is excellent even RL23 if you can find it

H4831-sc works well in my 300wm.

If looking for something the same as H1000, I believe IMR 7977 is the same, temp stable and burn rate. IMR lineup seems to be more widely available.

I have quiet a bit of Reloder 19 and H4831SC I'm looking to sell, since I'm working on selling the two rifles that use them. 6.5x284 Savage 110 Predator Hunter and a .30-06 Winchester Model 70 Featherweight. Looking to get rid of the brass with the rifles as well. Contact me if you are interested in anything and we'll see what we can do. I'm in Oklahoma City FYI. Thanks, Kyle Humphreys.

Send me a message if you are interested!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts