wherected is 7mm wsm brass

The 7mm WSM has not enjoyed great success overall. Seems other WSM's like the 300WSM have done much better. You might do better just buying ammunition for your rifle or resizing 300wsm brass.

You're going to have to buy factory ammo for the brass. Who knows when Winchester will make another run of 7mm WSM brass, if ever. Still a mass brass shortage in general up here.

Thanks for the reply I'm planning on taking a long range course soon just getting into reloading. What is the thought on buying factory ammo and pulling the bullets and reload with factory primers vs firing it and reloading.

I have quite a bot of loaded 7wsm commercial ammunition and a number of fired cases? I'm going to sell them either here or on Gunbroker. If anyone is seriously interested here, let me know. What kind of price range would you pay. I'd guess about 7 boxes and another 100 once fired cases. I am rebarreliing right now to 300 wsm.

I would be interested in the once fired brass just told another would take 100 for 30 that was his price they were nickel so would not be looking to pay more than that. The factory ammo would need to know what it was.

anyone necking down? 300 wsm brass to 7wsm which is better down or up 270 wsm up to 7wsm i have no expierence with this !!! or are you having good accuracy with the winchester brass ??

Necking down 300 is a bit easier because you can leave a false shoulder for a tight fireforming fit in the chamber. Depending on your chamber, this may leave you with thick enough necks that you'll need to turn.

Necking up 270 will usually need to jam the bullets to keep the case head seated against the bolt face. Necking up thins the neck so turning should not be necessary.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.