WHERE WOULD YOU LIVE?

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
If you had enough money to live anywhere in the USA (only). Where would you stake a claim?

I am talking about being an avid hunter and fisher for both you and your spouse & family.

Personally Jill and I always wanted to live an area that was not too cold and not to hot, BUT had to be in an area Politically RED State Laws.

I know that a lot of you already live in GOD's Country and have fantastic places to live. Tell us you story.
For all of us that are still looking???

I have lived in NE PA – Born there and lived there until 17 then in the USMC. Great weather and people. Was one of the best States for Deer hunting. Neighboring States Residents would always hunt in PA. Everyone I knew growing up had the highest family morals. It's a BLUE State-Unions.

Then CT & New England – GREAT people along the NE coast. Great for fishing & bird hunting, have to get in the upper part of NE for Moose and big game. OLD USA and just beautiful seasons, great people. LOVED living there except- This is BLUE Country and not favorable for firearms so would not live there again. One of the BEST/Beautiful parts of North America to live in.

Lived in HI (10 years) hunted HOGS with SPEARS. Can't say much more than it is ABSOULTY PARADISE !!!!!! But not for a hunters' dream.

Currently living in GA. Can't get a better State for Hunting. Some Animal is always in Season and can hunt all year round. Just for Deer you can harvest (2) Bucks and (10) Does each season PLUS extra game areas for BUCKS. The Deer season is from Sept till Jan. I may be incorrect on this since I only hunt on my property for the past 12 years. In GA it has very mild winters, but the summers are brutal. It's 95 today and only June 14th​. Will be in the 100s the next few weeks and the humidity is what really hurts.

If Jill and I came into some money we would like to move to the Mid NW USA. A RED State where we could get a few hundred acres, have some livestock and a LOT of WILDERNESS close by so we could hunt Elk, Deer and Predators /Varmints. Not really too hot in the summers and have some snow in the winter.

Have a modest Log Cabin and a lake/stream close.

What is your HAPPY PLACE TO LIVE and HUNT & FISH?

Also if anyone hits the LOTO please keep us in mind and maybe front us a piece of land to put a Log Cabin on.

Thanks
Len & Jill

Attachments

• Log Cabin.jpg
    Log Cabin.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 58
I to grew up in NE pa., still try to get back there to hunt white tail with family, I to went into the army from 76-79, came out and chased my childhood girl friend who resided in California, those were the days when Cali hadn't flipped yet, Jeff was born in 89, then Jenna in 92, I told my wife, "we gotta get out of here (Cali)", she gave me the go ahead in 93, I was hunting most of the west by then and knew we had to get back to our roots. Ended up in 94 in western Colorado, best hunting and shooting a guy like me could ever have until about 6 years ago. This area has been flooded with city people I never imagined would settle here, politics are changing, but now my children live here and my grandchildren, no place for me to go now, I'm going to make the best of it

A small, well insulated house with heated 600 ft barn on Montana's mid high line with a minimum of 160 acres and no nosy neighbors. Shoot guns every day that I was not catching trouts. Lots of rodent targets and the apex Montana rodent, the rock chuck AKA yellow belly marmot, for long range targets. Had enough ocean to develop a fear of salt water.

If you had enough money to live anywhere in the USA (only). Where would you stake a claim?

I am talking about being an avid hunter and fisher for both you and your spouse & family.

Personally Jill and I always wanted to live an area that was not too cold and not to hot, BUT had to be in an area Politically RED State Laws.

I know that a lot of you already live in GOD's Country and have fantastic places to live. Tell us you story.
For all of us that are still looking???

I have lived in NE PA – Born there and lived there until 17 then in the USMC. Great weather and people. Was one of the best States for Deer hunting. Neighboring States Residents would always hunt in PA. Everyone I knew growing up had the highest family morals. It's a BLUE State-Unions.

Then CT & New England – GREAT people along the NE coast. Great for fishing & bird hunting, have to get in the upper part of NE for Moose and big game. OLD USA and just beautiful seasons, great people. LOVED living there except- This is BLUE Country and not favorable for firearms so would not live there again. One of the BEST/Beautiful parts of North America to live in.

Lived in HI (10 years) hunted HOGS with SPEARS. Can't say much more than it is ABSOULTY PARADISE !!!!!! But not for a hunters' dream.

Currently living in GA. Can't get a better State for Hunting. Some Animal is always in Season and can hunt all year round. Just for Deer you can harvest (2) Bucks and (10) Does each season PLUS extra game areas for BUCKS. The Deer season is from Sept till Jan. I may be incorrect on this since I only hunt on my property for the past 12 years. In GA it has very mild winters, but the summers are brutal. It's 95 today and only June 14th​. Will be in the 100s the next few weeks and the humidity is what really hurts.

If Jill and I came into some money we would like to move to the Mid NW USA. A RED State where we could get a few hundred acres, have some livestock and a LOT of WILDERNESS close by so we could hunt Elk, Deer and Predators /Varmints. Not really too hot in the summers and have some snow in the winter.

Have a modest Log Cabin and a lake/stream close.

What is your HAPPY PLACE TO LIVE and HUNT & FISH?

Also if anyone hits the LOTO please keep us in mind and maybe front us a piece of land to put a Log Cabin on.

Thanks
Len & Jill
This post really hits home for me.
Wife and I have just settled up FIL & MIL estate here in SoCal. We're getting out ASAP. Lived and worked here all my adult life after I got out of Army in 1970. Looking seriously at S. Dakota as all my family are farmers in the Dakotas. Want at least 50 acres, outside small town, close enough to larger town for medical if needed. We will do well when we sell so money won't be an issue. Just gotta get out of Calif.
Mike

Been in IL all my life. Decent deer, turkey, and waterfowl hunting but not near as good as it used to be. I'd have to say either KS, WY, or MT. If wife and I could find good dependable work and a decent piece of dirt to drive a stake in to call home we'd pack our trucks tomorrow!!

This post really hits home for me.
Wife and I have just settled up FIL & MIL estate here in SoCal. We're getting out ASAP. Lived and worked here all my adult life after I got out of Army in 1970. Looking seriously at S. Dakota as all my family are farmers in the Dakotas. Want at least 50 acres, outside small town, close enough to larger town for medical if needed. We will do well when we sell so money won't be an issue. Just gotta get out of Calif.
Mike
Mike
God Bless you and your wife!
Hope that you both find your paradise!
Len & Jill

I think about this all the time. I've lived in middle TN most of my life. It's a great place to live and raise a family. It is close to 100 degrees and very high humidity today. Ugh! I just love the mountains. Featureless land is not my thing. Idaho and Montana are at the top of my wish list, but once it gets and stays below zero for weeks on end, I start thinking about body aches and pains.

I think about this all the time. I've lived in middle TN most of my life. It's a great place to live and raise a family. It is close to 100 degrees and very high humidity today. Ugh! I just love the mountains. Featureless land is not my thing. Idaho and Montana are at the top of my wish list, but once it gets and stays below zero for weeks on end, I start thinking about body aches and pains.
Love the mountains in TN. Was on the Appalachian trail many times and Mt LeConte at 6,500 ft above sea level..