Where to shoot in AZ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Ranges - Places To Shoot' started by shortpants, Feb 25, 2011.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. Taco John

Taco John Member

Man that's a lot of good info.

2. jon nugget

jon nugget Member

azsugarbear, Is this place still good to shoot? Since your post was like back 2005. Plz advise. Thx

3. azsugarbear

azsugarbear Well-Known Member

Yup. It's getting a little bit more crowded (avoid during hunting seasons), but still a great place to confirm your drop tables and basic flat shooting out to 1000 yds. I have another place I go to once I am "dialed in". Lots of rock busting at different angles, varied distances - all cross-canyon shots.

4. jon nugget

jon nugget Member

Thx for info . I would love to join your LR group if ya don’t mind. Thx again

5. jon nugget

jon nugget Member

1. BNinja I N.M. yupuu

6. dcgayhart

dcgayhart Member

Been wanting to try my hand at long range shooting for years. Best I could find in the open country was a 2 to 3 hundred yards. I'm going to join CowTown today https://www.cowtownrange.com/. They have steel targets out to 1500 yards.

I've got a 6.5 rifle on the way with a Vortex Viper 6x24 scope. I'm going to make this dream happen.

7. jon nugget

jon nugget Member

Don’t you have to pay monthly fees to shoot at their range? And they want ---- load monthly fees?

8. dcgayhart

dcgayhart Member

There is a yearly fee to belong, but range is 10 mile from my house and I can schedule range when I want. I can bring my own steel and shoot any range out to 200 yards.
    I used to go to Belmont mine but it's an hour each way. I think the convenience is worth the fee.

9. jon nugget

jon nugget Member

Hit me up.. I’m looking for partner/spotter as well. Thx

10. dcgayhart

dcgayhart Member

I just went out today and signed up. They do a background check, probably take about a week to get my membership credentials.

11. jon nugget

jon nugget Member

Do you have AZ CCW ? That would cut down your background check time. I live like 10 mins from cowtown there...PM me @ [email protected]. See we can team up. Thx

12. dcgayhart

dcgayhart Member

I let my CCW expire a few year ago. Should have my new rifle and membership in a week or two.

13. jon nugget

jon nugget Member

Sweet.. hit me up once ya get all your stuff together

14. dcgayhart

dcgayhart Member

Will do!