Where to locate reloading bench?

Nicholas

I am going to be building my bench this weekend and was planning on putting it in my garage. The garage isn't heated or cooled. Will the temperature variability be a problem? How will it affect powder & primers? I am thinking of buying two insulated cabinets to store powder and primers.

The alternative is to put it in the house but I only have space for a 3 foot bench in the house, whereas the garage has unlimited space.

Where should I put the bench, any suggestions would be a big help.

SR90,

I have a bedroom indoors that is my gunroom/reloading room. I have one of those large cable spools used for phone/power cables. had to disassemble to get it in the house, then put it back together and use it as a reloading/gun tinkering table. Mounted two presses to it, powder dispensers, a shop vise. It's functional, didn't cost a penny, and looks kind of cool.

I have done the garage thing before, but the weather variables can suck sometimes.

It sounds like space is tight indoors so maybe the garage is best.

Good Luck, MM

Thanks, guys.

I am going to put it in the garage and keep the powder and bullets in the house.

I am going to install three big floresent lights with four bulbs each. Do you think that will be bright enough?
grin.gif

I am trying to think of inexpensive ways to keep moister (spell) out of the garage and reduce temperature variability. I when to the hardware store and they have fans that will help circulate the air.

What if I covered the bench with a blanket when not in use, and put a dehumidifier under the bench (obviously away fram anything flamable)?

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts