where to go for re-barrel ?

gdc

hi guys- I realize this ques. has alot of possibilties, but, lookin to rebarrel a 22-250 rem in a ss. 26"+-. Anyone come to mind that you'd be proud to recc.. alot of coyotes and prarie dogs will go up in smoke. Thanks for the same, enjoy the site. jc

I would have to go with Jim See at Center Shot Rifles. Don't know how long it would take him to do a rebarrel but I sent a rifle to have a brake installed it was back to me in a weeks time. I might of cought him at a good time. Either way if I ever have something else done it will be by him.

You'll find there are lots of very good smiths on this site.

That's my .02 hope it helps,

Nathan

I dont think you'd go wrong with any of the gunsmiths on this site. I had Jim @ centershotrifles.com build my pistol and he did awesome work! When I find more money I'll be going with him for another build.

Any of the site sponsors such as Kirby Allen, Kevin Cram, Shawn Carlock are all v good (those are off the top of my head). It s
depends on where your located, east coast, I can personaly reccomend Jeff Walker of walker custom rifles. He Judy built me a custom .308win, shoots lights out and he has a short turn-around. Prices are good too. Tell him Oliver Lottermann recommended him if you decide to go with him.

-Oliver

BERGARA bbls makes remington "drop ins" I use them, like them, and do it myself.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.