Where to get a picatinny NON tapered base Rem 700LA

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by 5Redman8, Dec 15, 2004.

1. 5Redman8

5Redman8 Well-Known Member

Looking for a Non tapered Badger Ordnance or Nightforce scope for a Rem 700 Long Action.

Will consider other manufacturers?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Kyle

2. Skinny Shooter

Skinny Shooter Well-Known Member

Are you looking for used or new?
    If new, then this should help you out. Here's a link to Badger's site: Link
    You are looking for item # P/N 306-07F - Long action, ZERO cant 5.5 oz

3. 5Redman8

Skinny....PERFECT.

Thanks,
    Kyle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. 5Redman8

Okay Skinny, I jumped the gun.....looked at the product distributors and EVERYONE has the 20MOA base???

Still looking for a site or store with p/n306-07F FOR SALE!!!!

Thanks,
    Kyle

5. Rob01

Rob01 Active Member

6. Skinny Shooter

Skinny Shooter Well-Known Member

Kyle, I checked some of those suppliers and didn't see it either. A call to Badger should help. It's possible the Base may be special order. Farrell is supposed to be good kit too.
    Does your scope have limited movement that you need to stay with the zero cant? If not, maybe the tapered base will work fine.

7. 5Redman8

Skinny,

I have a Nightforce 5.5-22x56mm scope and the rings I have...Badger not sure of hieght.....will not have much clearance. They came with the scope and clearance will be tight. I was thinking with the cant, it will point the scope down, reducing clearance more???

Thought if I get a no cant there would be a bit of clearance...do not know. I will measure them tonight and see what height they are.

Kyle

8. 5Redman8

Like the looks of the Kenfarrel. LOVE the price!!

Are they pretty good? It will be matched to the above scope and rings in a rifle Kirby is building for me in 280AI with a sendero contour. Not a recoil concern.

Kyle

9. Rob01

Rob01 Active Member

The 20 MOA Farrell is actually higher than the 0 MOA. If you have a height concern then the 20 MOA Farrell would be better. I have one on a Savage and it's a pretty well made base. It should serve you well. Call Ken and get the exact dimensions before you order. He's pretty good with questions.

10. Centre Punch

Centre Punch Well-Known Member

Redman,
    As you have seen the Farrel base you will note that it is not a true piccatinny rail, having only 4 slots at both the front and back. If this does not bother you, they're superb and i have them on all my rifles,the 20moa version is 7/16" high at the front, i'm not sure about the height of the 0moa base.

11. 5Redman8

Thanks guys....gona try the Farrel non tapered. I will exchange it if it will not work.

Kyle

12. ricka0

ricka0 Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Like the looks of the Kenfarrel. LOVE the price!!

[/ QUOTE ] WHAT? KF makes great bases/rings - but the prices are <font color="red"> TOO HIGH </font>

Can Ken's stuff be ordered someplace else cheaper? Sinclair lists them, but not much cheaper.

13. 5Redman8

b1g,

Compared to $150 for a Badger....$72 is not so bad.

Kyle

14. Nathanial

Nathanial Active Member

http://www.nearmfg.com/\

Give Richard a try at Near Manufacturing. I have four of his bases and I beleive they are right up there with Badger which I also own. And he makes them with 0 taper also. Particulary like his base's that do not extend past the end of the reciever.