Where to get a picatinny NON tapered base Rem 700LA

5Redman8

Looking for a Non tapered Badger Ordnance or Nightforce scope for a Rem 700 Long Action.

Will consider other manufacturers?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Kyle

Okay Skinny, I jumped the gun.....looked at the product distributors and EVERYONE has the 20MOA base???

Still looking for a site or store with p/n306-07F FOR SALE!!!!

Thanks,
Kyle

Kyle, I checked some of those suppliers and didn't see it either. A call to Badger should help. It's possible the Base may be special order. Farrell is supposed to be good kit too.
Does your scope have limited movement that you need to stay with the zero cant? If not, maybe the tapered base will work fine.

Skinny,

I have a Nightforce 5.5-22x56mm scope and the rings I have...Badger not sure of hieght.....will not have much clearance. They came with the scope and clearance will be tight. I was thinking with the cant, it will point the scope down, reducing clearance more???

Thought if I get a no cant there would be a bit of clearance...do not know. I will measure them tonight and see what height they are.

Kyle

Like the looks of the Kenfarrel. LOVE the price!!

Are they pretty good? It will be matched to the above scope and rings in a rifle Kirby is building for me in 280AI with a sendero contour. Not a recoil concern.

Kyle

The 20 MOA Farrell is actually higher than the 0 MOA. If you have a height concern then the 20 MOA Farrell would be better. I have one on a Savage and it's a pretty well made base. It should serve you well. Call Ken and get the exact dimensions before you order. He's pretty good with questions.

Redman,
As you have seen the Farrel base you will note that it is not a true piccatinny rail, having only 4 slots at both the front and back. If this does not bother you, they're superb and i have them on all my rifles,the 20moa version is 7/16" high at the front, i'm not sure about the height of the 0moa base.

[ QUOTE ]
Like the looks of the Kenfarrel. LOVE the price!!

[/ QUOTE ] WHAT? KF makes great bases/rings - but the prices are <font color="red"> TOO HIGH </font>

Can Ken's stuff be ordered someplace else cheaper? Sinclair lists them, but not much cheaper.

http://www.nearmfg.com/\

Give Richard a try at Near Manufacturing. I have four of his bases and I beleive they are right up there with Badger which I also own. And he makes them with 0 taper also. Particulary like his base's that do not extend past the end of the reciever.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.