Where to find 300 PRC brass

dragon798

I have been searching for almost 2 months and can't find any 300 PRC brass or ammo. Seems odd that people are hoarding it. I have a new build due to be delivered any day and won't be able to shoot it.

gun broker has some

backorder. other places.
I placed some lapua on back order figured I'd get it next year

I scored 2 boxes of loaded ammo Friday in a backwoods basement gunshop in Maine. It's 212 so not what I wanted but I just doubled my brass quantity. I do have a bunch of 375 Ruger to make but I haven't had time. If I was shooting this more it would be done.
With the crush of new shooters I believe I should have built the 30 nosler or 300win. The PRC is a sweet round but the man bun creedmoor crowd needed a big gun and this is their huckleberry. Once the gi brass comes out things should begin to loosen up supply wise

This is really good to know. I am good on 300 prc brass right now but if I needed some TODAY, it looks like I'd be ordering Sherman brass. Thanks for the tip.
Do you know if all this would take is a run through the sizing die and you'd be good to go? I imagine that's all it would take.
It's prc brass with a sherman headstamp. The 300 needs to be fireformed to be 300sm and the 28 needs to be necked down then fireformed

I actually had some on backorder with Midway for 6 weeks or so, but they decided to cancel it. Thanks Larry.

If you're really hurting, just form it from 375 Ruger brass. It takes a couple steps, but it's not difficult to do.

I scored 2 boxes of loaded ammo Friday in a backwoods basement gunshop in Maine. It's 212 so not what I wanted but I just doubled my brass quantity. I do have a bunch of 375 Ruger to make but I haven't had time. If I was shooting this more it would be done.
With the crush of new shooters I believe I should have built the 30 nosler or 300win. The PRC is a sweet round but the man bun creedmoor crowd needed a big gun and this is their huckleberry. Once the gi brass comes out things should begin to loosen up supply wise
Capt have you necked it down in the past? I'm in the same boat I bought 416 Ruger necked it down to 375 Ruger annealing it and next step to neck down to 300 PRC. That's the step I'm sketchy on, that's a big step! Do you use a standard 300 PRC die without the stem or is there a die between? Would love some help before I trash the 375 brass? Also ordered a .308 internal neck reamer. I've only necked down 8mm mag to 7 STW which is easy run it through the die and send it!!!