Where to buy real authentic Mitutoyo calipers

So my 20 plus year old Mitutoyo are starting to fail. They flash B for battery even when just replaced and display Err as I move them in and out.
I would like to replace them I would also like to go up to the 8 inch model since I am now playing with much larger calibers. It seems that Brownell's and midway only carry junk now. And Amazon and the rest of the world is full of fakes and Chinese rip offs and Chinese rip offs.
Where do you find Real authentic stuff

Wow there is a ton of them. Now to figure out which one to pick
So one thing to watch out for... Some calipers jaws are too thick to fit in compairitor bodies. I have a set of 12" Mitutoyos and a set of the same in 6" and while would rather use the 12s as you will run out of real estate on the 6s with big cartridges (.338LM for me) the the jaws won't fit in the slot in the Sinclair compairitor body. Just an FYI. Also I doubt you need the USB port for SPC (Statstic Process Control) so that will save you a few bucks...

LOL Yes! They have such a mind-boggling selection of everything that it can make it hard to decide. The up-side to that is that there is something is every price range, to fit any budget. Good luck with your search!

Penn Tool was running a special. I picked up a digital 1" mic 2 weeks ago. They have authentic Mit tools and good prices/fast service.

Yeah search " machine shop supplies near me" You should be able to find someone local. I like to support the little guy. I used to be one.

I work in a pawn shop. We occasionally get in these items. We have had sets come in with a wide assortment of machinist tools. It is hit and miss as they are always sought after, so they are not on the shelf for long. Pretty sure we do NOT have any at this time.

I would consider getting 3 less expensive mitutoyo calipers so you can dedicate one for headspace gauge, one for Bullet gauge and one for misc measuring.
It might sound excessive but if you have to remove and replace the gauges the zero will change. Although if you keep notes and a reference dummy round it won't matter.
I have only one and this is what I do.
Good luck

My 8" digital Mitutoyo's are very close to, if not the same jaw thickness as my 6" Mitutoyo's. I can measure them if desired.

travers.com is another online vendor that I've used in the past.

Stay away from the "MyCal" line of Mitutoyo's. Not sure what they're made for, but their resolution is less than ideal.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.