Where To Buy Powder and Primers in SE Virginia

DocB

Windsor, VA (but heading for the Rockies)
Hey Fellow Reloaders, I don't know if it's just me or if others are noticing it also, but to me it seems powder is getting harder to find locally in SE Virginia, particularly south and east of Richmond in the Tidewater, Norfolk, VB, Suffolk region. I can find some powder at Bass but it is crazy expensive. I am willing to drive "a bit" but not north of Richmond. I am looking for IMR 7828 SSC powder and WLRM primers. I'd appreciate any help locating these at a reasonable price and a reasonable distance from Suffolk. Thanks everyone, bless you all and have a very Merry Christmas!

Doc B
Animo et Fide "Courage and Faith"

Have you tried Green Top on the north side of Richmond? Powder price has gone up quite a bit everywhere I have been from east TN to south west VA to north west WV and east KY powders run $29 to $32 on average a pound.

Doc B I make a 100 mile drive about twice a year to Green Top and Bass Pro the selection was good the last time there. They are both on 95 North of Richmond. I don't know if the gas is cheaper than Haz Mat fees but there's always something else to get.

Good luck and shoot straight

Bob

Thanks for the help guys. I haven't been to Green Top yet but $32 a pound is eye popping! Wow. I've been to Bass in Hampton but the pickings were slim and not impressive. Is there any hope for powder in the $25 range again?

DocB

+ 1 for Greentop.

There is a Cabelas just north of Richmond also, but wasn't impressed with their selection either similar to Bass Pro.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.