Where to buy BAT HR action with Lapua bolt face?

I for one LOVE MY BAT actions I dont care about the price or the wait time..
people also forget they were first with an aluminum hunting action that works and looks insane
their network is exactly how they want it! Tight!
I for one wouldn't want them to be any bigger ..
No one complains about a Borden action not being available except for direct and the fact he hasn't made an all integral action is mind blowing to me!
@Mike D Texas pm me I have a big order going in today i will get you on the list if you'd like!?
PM Sent.

Unless you're exceptionally lucky to find one with 4" Mag well cut, you're gonna have to order direct. I could never find one thru one of the retail vendors stocking BAT HRs.

I own two BAT HRs as you've spec'd. Had to order both direct from BAT and then get in the line for the 8-10 month wait.

If you haven't already ordered an action, Pierce can make you one of our XL actions with longer load port, integral recoil lug, and 4" mag cut with a Lapua bolt face. This is an 1.350" action body and can be ordered with 1.125x20 tenon. The price on these is around $1150-1200. If you're wanting something bigger or different, I understand. We're running about a 5 month lead time, so a little shorter than some others. Thank you

Unless you're exceptionally lucky to find one with 4" Mag well cut, you're gonna have to order direct. I could never find one thru one of the retail vendors stocking BAT HRs.

I own two BAT HRs as you've spec'd. Had to order both direct from BAT and then get in the line for the 8-10 month wait.

ElkHunter338 got me fixed up.

If you haven't already ordered an action, Pierce can make you one of our XL actions with longer load port, integral recoil lug, and 4" mag cut with a Lapua bolt face. This is an 1.350" action body and can be ordered with 1.125x20 tenon. The price on these is around $1150-1200. If you're wanting something bigger or different, I understand. We're running about a 5 month lead time, so a little shorter than some others. Thank you

Thanks Jud, I didn't realize you guys made a larger Lapua action.

Tell Jim that the website should be set up better and easier to navigate. It's difficult to follow and figure out the different actions and options for each one.

Last edited:
ElkHunter338 got me fixed up.

Thanks Jud, I didn't realize you guys made a larger Lapua action.

Tell Jim that the website should be set up better and easier to navigate. It's difficult to follow and figure out the different actions and options for each one.
I agree. We need to update the website. Our XL action is the same bolt and action body as our standard steel actions, but just has the bigger threads, ejection port, and mag box cut.

So you don't run a larger bolt diameter? Are the lugs any larger?
Nope, same lug and bolt as our standard actions. We haven't really seen a problem with the Lapua bolt faces, but a lot of people like the idea of a bigger bolt and lugs.

To me, Increasing from 1-1/16 to 1-1/8 without increasing the bolt size or lugs defeats the purpose. Terminus did the same thing. The reason for the 1.250 shank barrels and 1-1/16" threads is for larger lug contact. If you look at a Kelbly Lapua BF, they increased the bolt to .750 but the lugs have same surface area as a Rem700 short action. BAT has a .720 bolt with very large lugs. Same size lugs they actually use on the Cheytac actions.

Bullet Central has a constant order of HR's coming in.

To me, Increasing from 1-1/16 to 1-1/8 without increasing the bolt size or lugs defeats the purpose. Terminus did the same thing. The reason for the 1.250 shank barrels and 1-1/16" threads is for larger lug contact. If you look at a Kelbly Lapua BF, they increased the bolt to .750 but the lugs have same surface area as a Rem700 short action. BAT has a .720 bolt with very large lugs. Same size lugs they actually use on the Cheytac actions.

Yeah Borden does a 1.400" body with a .750 bolt and heavier lugs, they just don't offer a 4" bottom port cut.

Last edited:

Exactly
Bigger bolt diameter and lug size reduces bolt thrust, doing one part without the other is a no go for me.
I almost bought a Kelbly but thankfully I sought advice from dudes who know what they're doing and ended up with a BAT Vesper