Where is Wide Open Country... for Long Range Coyote Shots???

I know there is a lot of open country out West, but I'm wondering where I can go and hunt with the ability to get consistent shots at coyote that are 400 yds and further? I don't want the scrub brush country where i need to carry a shotgun. I'm only looking for longer than normal shots. I only want to call to them in order to make them shows themselves...NOT... to cause them to run to the call... only to make them show their whiskery faces. Got any ideas?

Eastern Mt, lots of Wyo, western ND and SD

Maybe use a Howler to get them to howl back and sit up and bark at you. Range, and Powder River let er buck:)

1200 yards running away? Those are tough shots with a 17 HMR!;)
I agree but it would be fun !
20200410_110108.jpg

Atleast once !

Rum Man

I know there is a lot of open country out West, but I'm wondering where I can go and hunt with the ability to get consistent shots at coyote that are 400 yds and further? I don't want the scrub brush country where i need to carry a shotgun. I'm only looking for longer than normal shots. I only want to call to them in order to make them shows themselves...NOT... to cause them to run to the call... only to make them show their whiskery faces. Got any ideas?
It does not sound like you want to hunt in S. Carolina. Perhaps you should take a trip to Texas. Texas isn't all that far from S. Carolina. It is about a day and a half drive, and you don't even need to learn to talk with a Yankee accent, they'll understand yall.

Last edited:
Eastern Mt, lots of Wyo, western ND and SD

Maybe use a Howler to get them to howl back and sit up and bark at you. Range, and Powder River let er buck:)
There is already an over abundance of coyote educators in those areas.