Where is Broz?

Guys I am still around and hunting quite a bit. We have taken 5 Bulls down so far, 3 of them 5x5's and 2 were 6x6. The largest being my son's he took with his 300 win and a 230 Berger at 815 yards. 3 were taken with the LRKM with 300 Berger OTM's and one with a 7mm/300 sending 180 Berger Hybrids. None have left the scene. Also took a nice mule deer buck and 3 antelope all with Bergers. Headed out now to take a young lady hunter of 13 years to hopefully fill her cow tag. Then another cow hunt tomorrow and taking my wife for a bull later this week.

I have been spending time on another LR forum and reported a little there. Just thought I would give it a rest here as all we hunt with are Bergers and a hand full of members here hate me for it. Just not the forum it use to be. But rest assured we are still hunting our butts off.

Hope you all have a great season.

Jeff
Anyone who hates you doesn't know you or is just a raging *** and that's coming from someone who doesn't hunt with Bergers.

When you fill all your tags and get time to sit down and share the stories I'll be first in line to read them.

Have a great season Bro.

This remindes me a little of LTLR, what happened to him. He had tons of posts and had built many a custom alot on weatherbys and had more trophys than many combined on this site.
agreed. I appreciate those of you more experienced members who take the time to help the more junior members.

Here is another praise to jeff. I gave the bergers a chance because of his thread last year. Whenever Ihave a problem he is always there to help me out. I also would like to know of this other lr site.

Broz is still around on this site as well as others. I can't speak for him but I think he just got tired of some of the BS from some members. He is an administrator and moderator of LRO---Long Range Only and I know he is very happy with that position. Both of these sites provide valuable information and resources and I'm happy to be on both. I've never met Jeff personally but we've chatted via emails and phone and I can tell you this---he knows his SH**.

Randy

Broz has been good to me too. He and I have visited a couple of times via PM, and his posts have helped me out tremendously.

Broz, thank you! I hope you will continue to post here, and I hope this thread goes to show the support you have on this site, and I also hope that it goes to tell the people who have been giving you crap to shut their mouths a bit.

Having said that, I know that computers do not work well on mountains and prairies. I hope you are having some great hunting experiences, and I look forward to hearing about them!!!

Joe

I can't speak for him but I think he just got tired of some of the BS from some members.

Randy

This seems to be a common new phase of the internet communication. I have been in Broz' situation in the past and have reduced my participation on various sites from 90-100%. It just gets old after a while and starts to get to you.

The one thing that might be learned from this is the fact that maybe some of us (ME INCLUDED) should jump all over critical and offending posts by keyboard commandoes that do not know or have even met the idividual. If we don't monitor ourselves on this site it will turn into the same as another site that I no longer even open up anymore because of all the negative personal attacks. We as a group can't expect the site owners/administrators to control each and every post/response/topic etc.. or they get accused of censoring.

We have lost a number of very knowledgeable people over the years because they believe in what they are doing and are getting blasted for those thoughts/comments. Never once have I seen these attacks proven the individual was not accurate in their presentation but go at them personnnally.

I could care less if you run a ford/chevy or dodge but don't tell me I'm a dumb Chit or after a while I'll just take my ball and glove and go play on a different playground..

Society has changed in that communication is now almost instantaneous - look what is happening down in Miami with the Dolphins and two multi-millionaire ball players where one finally said I can't take it anymore. SAD - welcome to the 21st century.

This seems to be a common new phase of the internet communication. I have been in Broz' situation in the past and have reduced my participation on various sites from 90-100%. It just gets old after a while and starts to get to you.

The one thing that might be learned from this is the fact that maybe some of us (ME INCLUDED) should jump all over critical and offending posts by keyboard commandoes that do not know or have even met the idividual. If we don't monitor ourselves on this site it will turn into the same as another site that I no longer even open up anymore because of all the negative personal attacks. We as a group can't expect the site owners/administrators to control each and every post/response/topic etc.. or they get accused of censoring.

We have lost a number of very knowledgeable people over the years because they believe in what they are doing and are getting blasted for those thoughts/comments. Never once have I seen these attacks proven the individual was not accurate in their presentation but go at them personnnally.

I could care less if you run a ford/chevy or dodge but don't tell me I'm a dumb Chit or after a while I'll just take my ball and glove and go play on a different playground..

Society has changed in that communication is now almost instantaneous - look what is happening down in Miami with the Dolphins and two multi-millionaire ball players where one finally said I can't take it anymore. SAD - welcome to the 21st century.

I don't think it's all that new. This kind of communication has been going for years. I think it's the nature of the keyboard and internet combined with our own natures. I've taken a couple of extended breaks from this site and another I participate in.

It's interesting that when you actually meet the guys at a shoot or whatever, it gives you a whole different perspective. I've met maybe 30 or more guys from this site, mostly at the Townsend shoots (which Jeff organized BTW) and I consider them all my friends and you tend to communicate with friends differently than a no face identity in an internet forum.

I agree we should monitor ourselves although not sure just how to do that. The place to start is with our own individual self, me included of course.

I notice that guys invest personal pride in their bullet or cartridge or make of rifle or scope or whatever. Hey fellas, it's just metal, wood and plastic. It's not your mother or sister. We need to learn how to discuss the good, bad and ugly of these THINGS objectively without giving or taking offense.

I don't have a favorite bullet. I don't have a favorite cartridge and I don't have a favorite rifle. I do admit I have a favorite scope :rolleyes::D:cool: but hey if it's not your favorite it's fine by me, you just don't know what you're missing :D

I see this site as a place to learn, share, teach and to keep up with the latest in our specialized sport. We all have our opinions, peeves and preferences and we need to try to be objective and unemotional as we can in communicating them.

Only been on this forum for a few months, but Jeff took the time to provide excellent recommendations on a 300 Win Mag load. Much appreciated. As well, the other contributers have been knowledgeable and helpful. Once again, very refreshing.

Was part of a forum in Canada that got taken over by the judgemental set more interested in hearing themselves speak than anything else. Destroyed the forum, and all the good contributers left.

Truly enjoy this forum, and sincerely hope that the judgemental set doesn't take it over.

Eli

Only been on this forum for a few months, but Jeff took the time to provide excellent recommendations on a 300 Win Mag load. Much appreciated. As well, the other contributers have been knowledgeable and helpful. Once again, very refreshing.

Was part of a forum in Canada that got taken over by the judgemental set more interested in hearing themselves speak than anything else. Destroyed the forum, and all the good contributers left.

Truly enjoy this forum, and sincerely hope that the judgemental set doesn't take it over.

Eli

So true, like government special interest people, pain in the back side.

Charlie

This thread has taken some interesting turns. I'm sure Jeff is out hunting with his family and friends to include introducing young hunters to a different venue with filling the freezer. I know he has been working on a new hammer to boot!

I'm sure he'll be back once time settles in. People can get bent all they want on the back side toward someone who helps out others and in return doesn't expect anything except taking the advise and using it for good purposes. I'm fairly confident he does what he does because he enjoys it! Once you put a price to something there are different levels of expectation.

I'm not a guide, nor in this for business, never accepted a dime for help nor charged a dime for the school or use of the guns and ammo. Smiles and enjoying a good hunt while experiencing a unique skill with simply that occasional Thank You (and at times beer) are payment enough. If others on this forum get bent for unpaid advise…....well there is no reason to be too concerned…..and they can get bent all they want.

Jeff, THANKS for putting those LR summer shooting sessions together, I sure enjoyed them and I look forward to your rollup of this hunting season.

I lurked on this site for a really long time before finally joining and got alot of great info. I have to admit that most of the knowledge I have on long range shooting I have learned from this site. Not that I still dont have alot to learn:D! So this seems like the rite time for me to say thanks to all the people I have learned from, such as Broz,LongTimeLongranger,MontanaRifleman,SidecarFlip,Mudrunner2005,and the list goes on from there. So thanks guys and if I misspelled your names sorry in advance:). Thanks again again guys and goodluck on your next hunt.gun)

I lurked on this site for a really long time before finally joining and got alot of great info. I have to admit that most of the knowledge I have on long range shooting I have learned from this site. Not that I still dont have alot to learn:D! So this seems like the rite time for me to say thanks to all the people I have learned from, such as Broz,LongTimeLongranger,MontanaRifleman,SidecarFlip,Mudrunner2005,and the list goes on from there. So thanks guys and if I misspelled your names sorry in advance:). Thanks again again guys and goodluck on your next hunt.gun)

Anyone know whatever happened to Long Time Long Ranger? Hope all is well with him. Haven't seen one of his posts in a long time.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.