Where is all the 6.5 PRC brass?

I shot Gunwerks and ADG brass (same brass) today in my C.A. Ridgeline . 24 in. barrel . I got no pressure signs at 55.0 grs. RL26 with Berger 156. CCIBR2 . Ave. 2926 fps. SD 3 ES 6. Once fired case. 55.5 grs. CCIBR2 Was Ave. 2956 SD 7 ES 18.
But with a Berger 153.5 at 55.0 grs. RL 26 Fed215M I had pressure signs. May have been primer ? Ave. 2941. SD 9 ES 25. I don't get that unless more bearing surface on 153.3 bullet ? I didn't get to shoot Berger 144 with 55.0 thru 56.0 grs RL26 today but did 142 LRAC for first time. 56.0 grs RL26. Fed215M. Ave. 3026 fps. SD 12 ES 27.
Few weeks ago I shot 53.0 grs. RL26 to start with. Unfired ADG case. 156 Berger. Fed215M .Mild load. Ave. 2788 fps. SD 4 ES 11. Attached pic. I like the brass .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200626-234123.png
    Screenshot_20200626-234123.png
    568.5 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
When I bought Gunwerks brass a few months ago, it was cheaper, it was $144 a hundred, now look at it! Ridiculous
I drove one mile to get mine 2 months ago. $200 ! My 300 RUM about 3 Mon. before that was only $220. Mike said they spent 1 million on their brass adventure . I wondered besides headstamp what it was for, rights ? It's great brass cause it's ADG. I Compared both in 6.5 PRC and 300 RUM. Same same. Why is 300 Win mag so much cheaper ? Lapua needs to start making both. I like it for my 6.5x284.

My 6.5 PRC is built on a Mausingfield action with the ejector slot so rather than a swipe I start to get a raised rectangle on the edge of the head stamp. I ended up ordering 100 ADG cases for use in my rifle and my dad's new rifle to get ready for hunting season. Shooting for 3350 fps with the 122-124 class monos.

My 6.5 PRC is built on a Mausingfield action with the ejector slot so rather than a swipe I start to get a raised rectangle on the edge of the head stamp. I ended up ordering 100 ADG cases for use in my rifle and my dad's new rifle to get ready for hunting season. Shooting for 3350 fps with the 122-124 class monos.
I use their Nucleus Action on one of my Creedmoor 6.5s. Smooth like butter.

What length barrel ? I tried a couple loads with 124 Hammer and H1000. Was promising. You will have two triangles on an ADG case ;)

I drove one mile to get mine 2 months ago. $200 ! My 300 RUM about 3 Mon. before that was only $220. Mike said they spent 1 million on their brass adventure . I wondered besides headstamp what it was for, rights ? It's great brass cause it's ADG. I Compared both in 6.5 PRC and 300 RUM. Same same. Why is 300 Win mag so much cheaper ? Lapua needs to start making both. I like it for my 6.5x284.

Hmmm interesting. Yeah I can't wait for other brass manufacturers to pick the prc's up. I never even tried reloading the Hornady brass I have once fired.....I figured when I'm desperate I would try it but until then I'll stick with quality brass so I KNOW for sure the brass is not a problem with funny results. I have 33 or so pieces of brass that I torture tested, I clean(SS or 0000 steel wool), anneal, FL size, expand, trim with a 3 in 1, neck turn, debur primer hole, uniform primer pocket, FL size, expand to .263.....done, I do this every time and I got 9-10 reloads out of it before the necks started to pop off(because some I might have cut into the shoulder a bit too much) and I've been getting "clickers" for a couple reloads before. From another thread here about "clickers", my brass is thinning I suppose at the web and it is not sizing down the way it should, so it's worn out for my die anyway. Good stuff otherwise!

Hopefully after retesting with brass that has been fired less I can get better results in my rifle built off a bighorn action with the Berger 156 and 125 Badlands Bulldozers.

Last edited:
Hmmm interesting. Yeah I can't wait for other brass manufacturers to pick the prc's up. I never even tried reloading the Hornady brass I have once fired.....I figured when I'm desperate I would try it but until then I'll stick with quality brass so I KNOW for sure the brass is not a problem with funny results. I have 33 or so pieces of brass that I torture tested, I clean(SS or 0000 steel wool), anneal, FL size, expand, trim with a 3 in 1, neck turn, debur primer hole, uniform primer pocket, FL size, expand to .263.....done, I do this every time and I got 9-10 reloads out of it before the necks started to pop off(because some I might have cut into the shoulder a bit too much) and I've been getting "clickers" for a couple reloads before. From another thread here about "clickers", my brass is thinning I suppose at the web and it is not sizing down the way it should, so it's worn out for my die anyway. Good stuff otherwise!
I have a lot of Hornady once fired 6.5 PRC brass and some new. The most I think I have shot any is 2 times. Maybe 3. Have had no problems with it. Don't use it anymore though.

What length barrel ? I tried a couple loads with 124 Hammer and H1000. Was promising. You will have two triangles on an ADG case ;)

24" Proof Prefit, I had a good load with Superformance using the 124gr Hammer and 122gr Lehigh Chaos but when my testing got into the warmer weather I learned it was really temp sensitive so now I'm working with StaBall 6.5

Hopefully after retesting with brass that has been fired less brass I can get better results in my rifle built off a bighorn action with the Berger 156 and 125 Badlands Bulldozers.

With fired Hornady brass I was getting 2905 fps using 57.2gr of H1000 with the 153.5gr Berger and 3290 fps using 57.5gr of Superformance with the 122gr Lehigh Chaos in the summer and 3150 in the winter.

24" Proof Prefit, I had a good load with Superformance using the 124gr Hammer and 122gr Lehigh Chaos but when my testing got into the warmer weather I learned it was really temp sensitive so now I'm working with StaBall 6.5

With fired Hornady brass I was getting 2905 fps using 57.2gr of H1000 with the 153.5gr Berger and 3290 fps using 57.5gr of Superformance with the 122gr Lehigh Chaos in the summer and 3150 in the winter.
I'm getting right around 2900-2915 with Berger 156 EOL and 54.4g Re26.
With the Badlands Bulldozers, I'm not getting anything spectacular as far as a long range load with either Re23 or Re26. I usually do .5g increments and shoot at 300 yards but I can tell that with quality bullets that are consistent in all ways, 300 yrds is not enough of a distance to see what node is good because my rifle shoots them in a small group to the point that it's hard to tell what node is best, so I've been shooting around 600+ on paper(which is a PIA that far, but I digress) to find the most promising node. I only shoot 100 yards anymore to confirm es/sd, get an idea of a group and or adjust seating depth, but so far I've been pretty lucky with seating depth I choose for ladders works for an overall set depth for said bullet, I always (if I can) start at .010" off and go from there.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.