Where/how can I get 6.5-06 brass

I just sent a receiver out to get a 6.5-06 build. I figured that I would get a jump on the rifle, so.....decided to get some brass and start making some reloads for the rifle. I have tried Brownells', Midway and Starline, Graf & Sons listed the brass but out of stock @ $40 for 20 pieces(!!!!), but nothing!!!!!!!!!!! I reload for a .270AI so have all that I need to make brass, just not certain about what method to use. I have read 25-06 necked up, then 30-06 necked down, and the .270 Winchester, necked down and turn the necks. The latter seems to be a better option for me because I can turn the necks and get a better reload for the rifle. I just sent this receiver out, so......if it's going to be a PITA for brass. I still have time where I can change the build maybe to .280AI. What are other's with the 6.5-06 doing for brass?
6.5-06 , what a great choice. I have 2 and couldn't be happier. I have used ( in earlier days ) 25-06, 30-06, 280 and 270 ,whatever I could find that was new on the shelf. 270 was more work than rewards. Best, in my opinion, was the 25-06. Run through a 6.5-06 sizing die and check OAL .

I just sent a receiver out to get a 6.5-06 build. I figured that I would get a jump on the rifle, so.....decided to get some brass and start making some reloads for the rifle. I have tried Brownells', Midway and Starline, Graf & Sons listed the brass but out of stock @ $40 for 20 pieces(!!!!), but nothing!!!!!!!!!!! I reload for a .270AI so have all that I need to make brass, just not certain about what method to use. I have read 25-06 necked up, then 30-06 necked down, and the .270 Winchester, necked down and turn the necks. The latter seems to be a better option for me because I can turn the necks and get a better reload for the rifle. I just sent this receiver out, so......if it's going to be a PITA for brass. I still have time where I can change the build maybe to .280AI. What are other's with the 6.5-06 doing for brass?
I use 06 brass and turn the necks. Works great

simple use 25/06 once fired and neck up and it works very easy in the sizing die - or user range brass 270 size first, then trim to 62.5 mm and you are good to go. next take a red black, orange, blue or green magic marker and color the ends of the cases. now you have them color coded.
I do this because I have 4 wildcats and all the brass is the same except a 35 gibbs uses only 280 brass and my 280 thus color coding is a simple way to keep seperate..

federal FC brass best.

I dont know how you can end up with short brass using 30-06 brass in a 6.5x06 which is just necked down 06 there both 2.494 according to Noslers manual.
Besides a little shorter neck does not hurt anything, no matter if its .005 shorter or .015 you dont keep up on the carbon you will have the same problem regardless.
Ya really think you will know the difference scrubbing .010 more.

I have a 6.5-06AI. I neck down .270 Winchester brass and it works well. Don't know if that would work in your 6.5-06.

If I was in your shoes I would either do 6.5-284, 6.5-280AI, or straight 280AI. A 6.5-280AI would be simple neck down and an awesome round. If you want correct stamped brass Do the 280AI.

I have 25-06, 6.5-06, 6.5-270. Keeping brass between them all straight is a pain in the ***. I just rebarreled one to something different so it easier to keep it straight with just one 6.5 wildcat. I personally don't think wildcats are worth it ( I have had a lot) with all the options of today. Wildcats are good for guy who enjoys the tinkering as much as shooting.

But if you do 25-06 is the easiest way to make
6.5-06 brass. Just FYI is about a 15-20 gr weight difference between 25-06 and 270 brass

I dont know how you can end up with short brass using 30-06 brass in a 6.5x06 which is just necked down 06 there both 2.494 according to Noslers manual.
Besides a little shorter neck does not hurt anything, no matter if its .005 shorter or .015 you dont keep up on the carbon you will have the same problem regardless.
Ya really think you will know the difference scrubbing .010 more.
That's correct the 30-06 if it's full length to begin with will also trim up fine (it should actually gain a little length sizing it down). Some brass mfgs. are stingy to begin with and often they are short in the pkg. Unlike an AI it normally won't shrink that much on first fireform. Depending on how the chamber is cut it pays to run as long as practical to minimize carbon buildup. Starting short and letting the cases "grow to length" may be a recipe for problems down the road. Especially when the carbon is not removed completely. Now in the days of Teslong more will see what can and has been happening.
I've used 25-06 also but it does "shorten" a smidge necking up as well as thin a hair more in its "thin" spots. I always thought it's better to neck turn as little as needed to achieve quicker "neck seal". This seems to be true when seeing less neck soot.
Used all three cases without undue problems. 30-06 are easier to find especially in quality brass. 25-06 are quickest to size up, without trimming or turning. 270 are the most work with extra trimming but they end up where I want them. I load also 30-06 and 25-06 but not 270 so headstamp issues never present some of the "perceived" problems.
Hope that explains my thoughts.

the only case 63mm or 270 win that will not work is 280 remington because the sholder is.050longer thus do not chamber 6,5/06 25/06 270 win in the 280. rifle they will go in , but if they fire you will have a wrecked reciever or worse.. you can fire 30/06 brass necked down to 280 because of a false sholder from the 283 to 308. but best not
to make 280 cases just buy them..

Roberson's Cartridge Company has 6.5-06 and AI in stock for $5.56 each for their brass. in stock lots of 50 pieces.
I just checked Midway USA has Quality brass in stock for $42.99 for 20 pieces