Where do you have your trigger set at?

All mine are right at a pound. When I set them up I found a 16oz or so can of food and adjusted them accordlingly.

1 to 1 1/2 pounds. Anything heavier drives me nuts. It just takes some getting used to. Lighter the better I always say :D

+1 My favorite hunting rifle is set at 1 1/2 pounds I have shot rifles with 1 to 2 pound triggers from about 14 years old until now? I can't hardly shoot a gun that has a heavy trigger. "Lighter the better"

Bigbuck

+1 My favorite hunting rifle is set at 1 1/2 pounds I have shot rifles with 1 to 2 pound triggers from about 14 years old until now? I can't hardly shoot a gun that has a heavy trigger. "Lighter the better"

Bigbuck

I know what you mean. When I try to shoot my muzzleloader it almost feels like I need two hands to do it.

Tank

I always found it interesting that a bow trigger or thumb release was so light for the pounds you hold

How many pounds/ounces are your triggers set at? Iam not talking your 1500+ yard hunting rifles. Iam talking about your 0-800 or so yard hunting rifles or your backpacking lightweight rifles.

I think Iam going to have mine set to 1.5lbs.

Jewell HVR's comes set at 1 lb. with no creep--that's where I leave it.

For my rigs where shots ARE NOT expected to be snap off hand shots such as for dall sheep, coues WT and desert mulies where the battles are won with binoculars and 400 yard+ shots I prefer 7.0 OZ. Where there is even a small chance a quick shot must be taken such as black bear and sitka deer hunting I prefer 1.0# so I can 'feel' the trigger. The triggers I use are easily adjustable without taking the stock or bottom metal off and takes less than 1 minute to go from 7oz to 1# with an allen key or vice/versa. My personal shooting improved noticabley when I switched from 2.5# to 7oz. and 1#. It is probably the single most dramatic way I have ever improved my overall accuracy.

Last edited: