Where do you buy reloading equipment ?

birddog67

I got my list together to buy a rock chukker suprem , and all dies comparator all my stuff , where is the best place to order from to get like free shipping ? I live I Texas so if I order from cabelas I have to pay Tax's so are there any other place with good prices ? Thanks sr

I got my list together to buy a rock chukker suprem , and all dies comparator all my stuff , where is the best place to order from to get like free shipping ? I live I Texas so if I order from cabelas I have to pay Tax's so are there any other place with good prices ? Thanks sr

I don't know about free shipping, but you avoid taxes if you buy on Ebay or any other out-of-state company.

Consider saving money by buying used. Seven of the nine presses on my bench were bought used, and they work just as good as brand new.

Mine was acquired here and there, from new from the gunstore to used from shows and secondhand gunstores. I have not been following prices lately, but with gun sales up, I would think reloading equipment is up as well.

Certainly if you can find good used gear but not all of us can. I am sure there is plenty of gear older shooters or their families would like to see out of the house and some money in their pockets.

I have used Sinclair, Midway and Grafs. I am kind of tending toward Sinclair at this point because I can call them up, ask for a tech and get some answers when I have questions. Needless to say I do have questions. I have found Redding excellent to work with as well, their telephone techs have helped me a lot.

Don't let anyone kid you, metallic reloading done well has a steep learning curve.

years back I used to buy a lot of stuff from the old "Lock, Stock & Barrel" company. Miss them a lot. Sinclair seems to have most anything I'd ever want, and if they don't I goto Natchez or Midsouth. There are some really good small companys that specialize in target shooting equipment, but do very little reloading stuff.
gary

Get your Curio & Relic license (a type of FFL license) and most of the companies listed above will give you dealer price.

Yes, you have to wait a couple of months for it to arrive but it's $35 that pays itself back many times over.

http://www.cruffler.com/becomingcruffler.html

The Box O' Truth - Curio and Relic (C&R) Federal Firearms License (FLL)

No, I'll probably never buy a C&R weapon and use the license in that fashion, but that wasn't why I got it.

You got it so you can go to Bunker Hill to the machine gun shoot and whoopass on all the grass down there..............:D:D:D

I know the reason......

Additionally, Widners in Jihnson City, Tennesee (www.widners.com) is a great place for bullets and reloading supplies plus nice C&R guns too. Widners is the Hornady Distributor for east of the old muddy.... They sell Hornady in bulk, like 5000 bullets at a time. I hate 100 boxes of anything. Much cheaper in bulk lots.

I have one too........:D

I like to play with full auto's........:rolleyes:

Before finding a local wholesaler who hooks up military folks, I was going to order form some places online. I ended up getting my Rock Chucker Supreme Kit at Cabela's when it was on sale. The price was only $3 over the wholesaler's price (and they didn't have it in stock) and I had a $20 store coupon, so I got it for a steal.

Just keep your eyes open for sales and used stuff can be a great deal if you can avoid shipping on the heavy stuff.

Hey I have to agree with Zep, the tech guys at Sinclair are great and the customer service is fantastic at Redding, they are also my favorite dies. Some of my stuff I search around and buy the cheapest, but some of the important stuff I stick with Sinclair.

Have fun

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.