Where did the Barnes MRX go?

You can still find them here,

DoubleTap Ammunition

"We have recently bought out all of the Barnes MRX bullets in existence! Once they are gone, they are gone. They will be packaged in a Doubletap box in the quantity ordered for your convenience.

Super premium Maximum Range X Bullets feature a polymer tip, flatter trajectory and greater retained energy at long range. Patented Silvex core aids ballistic performance and accuracy while retaining virtually 100% of its original weight after expansion. Similar to the Triple-Shock X Bullet, the MRX features a tungsten-based core that makes them slightly shorter, which in turn increases case capacity.
"

I ordered 6 boxes of the Barnes 338 250 grain MRX and got them faster than I expected... in 6 days I think... and this is to Alaska, very fast, surprised the heck outta me !

Attachments

• MRX_HR-150x150.jpg
    MRX_HR-150x150.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 134
Not all of them, confusing I know. The 6.5 127grn, 7mm 145 & 168grn, 30 cal 175 & 200grn are all LRX there is also a 338 but I don't remember the weight. The LRX offers a different Ogive & boat tail profile than the TTSX.

Barnes instituted those changes to provide a boost in BC.

t

I see. Thank you for the clarification.

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts