• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Where can I buy it?

4b4mac

TO ANY WHO MIGHT STUMBLE UPON MY REQUEST................

Reference Fev '14 article by Shawn Carlock re 'Field shooting positions'

Note the rifle with vertically adjustable cheek rest in photo. This, I think is a Savage rifle/design? I'm building a heavy varmiter and like the simplicity and apparent ease of installation that design seems to show. I've left all material possible upward on comb (I'm tall and long necked). The scope I intend to mount has 54 mm tube w 50 mm objective. With larger diameter bbl I'll have to mount it high. I will not own a rifle for personal use - be it with irons or scope unless I can have a spot on cheek weld.

I've seen the cheek rest on factory rifles in Savage literatature. My request (at last) is: Is there an after market rest of this design and simplicity out there for sale? OR, does anyone know whether Savage might sell the part separately? The number of suppliers out there is astounding! I've searched some of my favorites for such a rest and can't find one. Midway USA, for example, is just down the road.

Last edited:
Hi, it's sounds like your looking for a karsten adjustable cheek rest. I have one that I installed onto one of my rifles, and love it! Just google search karsten cheek rest, and it should come right up. Good luck I hope this helps.

Jerry

Last edited:
Beav..............

Much oblige. I'll get on it - on line - right now. Curing inletting just now in stock in workshop. Up late.

4b4mac