Where are the powder and primers?

It's not really going to get better until people quit paying gun broker prices. Guys are using bots and computer programs with multiple accounts set up to get by limits. Grafs recently ate several thousand dollars in credit card fees because they cancelled some bogus orders. As long as their are buyers willing to pay inflated prices this flipping will continue and continue to eat into supply.

A couple days ago, I walked out of my local "good" gun store with 1-$65otd box of 1000 primers and 2- $29/lb bottles of Staball6.5.. left 7 boxes of primers and many bottles of powder for the next guy even after calling buddies to find out if they needed anything that was there… store right down the road has had primers recently for $289+/box.. guess which one repeatedly gets my money and time?

I was a big supporter of my lgs paying a few extra bucks for a box of bullets, or a pound of powder. But then I found out they were withholding stock from the shelf to sell it for 3x on gunbroker…never again

@Lab rat I know what you mean. I have some RL19 and I'm working up loads for my 30-06 with it. the info on the alliant website is minimal for it..it's normally a magnum rifle powder but it will work on the larger calibers.
lots of us are making new load data for different bullets and calibers.
hang in there!

It's a wild ride. I am getting a couple of new rifles, and trying to get some different powders and primers seem to be almost impossible. I have gotten some powders, and a 1000 Rem Large Primers. I generally use Fed 210 primers, but want some other manufactures primers too. But with these two new rifles, I am back into load development or will be. Requires different powders, primers, and case to do that. Brass can be very hard too, especially Peterson, and Lapua brass. You would think that lots of people should be stocked up by now. Reloading equipment seem to also hard to come by. It make be that people think we are going to be in real hard times, so they are stocking up. I can't blame they with the President and other in office. Our LDBB President is a real prices of work and feel this adding to the problem.

It's not really going to get better until people quit paying gun broker prices. Guys are using bots and computer programs with multiple accounts set up to get by limits. Grafs recently ate several thousand dollars in credit card fees because they cancelled some bogus orders. As long as their are buyers willing to pay inflated prices this flipping will continue and continue to eat into supply.

The only people paying gunbroker prices are idiots on gunbroker.

The regular supply shops have somewhat reasonable prices. Everything has gone up with inflation and anything associated with increased oil and gas prices which is pretty much everything.

If your waiting for the old prices previous to whatever event you choose that caused the short, those prices are never coming back.

You might have to settle for what you can find. BLC2 and CFE223 have been easy to find, probably not the most temp stable but you take what you can get sometimes. You may be able to find some Varget, I haven't seen it the last few weeks and it goes quick when it shows up.
Where are you finding CFE223 I have been looking for it for months and can't find it?

Myself like many other hunters/shooters saw the writing on the wall back in the Clinton Era. I wouldn't classify myself as a "HOARDER" but as someone that prepares for future days. I was optimistic when Trump got in, but not anymore. I think that the powder & primer situation will be the new norm. There are a lot more people owning firearms and a lot more reloaders than ever before. Recent shortages, I think that a lot of retailers that got supplies in, got on the Gun Broker campaign to get inflated prices. People started paying inflated prices which made the prices go up even more.
Now when some major retailers have powder for sale on the internet it is gone in minutes. I have been lucky and spent a lot of time trying to get powder off the net.
I will say that most of the powder being sold/traded is between shooters like on LRH. Them main reason I have some of the powders/primer/bullets I use is because of trading with other reloaders. We basically help each other out. If I get a chance to get some powder I pick it up. There is always another reloader that can use it. I never make any profit-if anything I loose money through traveling. Always trade for the price I got it for and sometime trade more for less if it is something I need. If we have something that someone else needs we always help out. I found that works out great and always get whatever favors returned with extras.
If it was not for forums like LRH I would be lost for reloading supplies. There is really no LGS where I live.
My suggestion is keep checking website for availability and keep a good network of reloading people.
I also do not build a rifle until I have the powder, bullets, brass for it.

Midway had large pistol primers today With hazmat and shipping it was $108 for 1000. It was a LOT more than I wanted to pay but with a bucket full of brass and bullets they are no good without them.