Where are the powder and primers?

isaaccarlson

I can't find a single person who has been able to find powder or primers. Where are they really going?
Why are non of the component companies adding tooling to make more?
I am trying to find just one blinking pound of powder, and there is nothing anywhere. Everyone says it has been weeks/months since a shipment and they have no idea when more will arrive.

I just want to know if anyone has a straight answer, because this is stupid. Some one must have a basement/warehouse full of powder, or something crooked is going on....

The last week there have literally been primers dropping every day at all the big retailers. Midway, Natchez, Brownells etc.

Powder valley has been getting a decent amount of powder depending on what your looking for. Same with Midsouth and if you have a Scheels nearby they have been getting quite a bit of Vihtavuori powder.

The last week there have literally been primers dropping every day at all the big retailers. Midway, Natchez, Brownells etc.

Powder valley has been getting a decent amount of powder depending on what your looking for. Same with Midsouth and if you have a Scheels nearby they have been getting quite a bit of Vihtavuori powder.
Scheels said they have lots of pistol powder, but no rifle.

It's all out there, but people are buying it. Shelves here are getting much much better. If everyone plays it cool we will have more supply soon. If everyone keeps buying whatever they see, no matter the price or if they need it, then this continues. Nobody is going to build a factory to meet a temporary demand spike.

You might have to settle for what you can find. BLC2 and CFE223 have been easy to find, probably not the most temp stable but you take what you can get sometimes. You may be able to find some Varget, I haven't seen it the last few weeks and it goes quick when it shows up.

The components are out there you just have to be vigilant and troll the reloading sites three times a day. Only takes a minute.
In the past month I have scored RL 23, RL 26 and today at Bruno's got some RL17. All at old school prices.
NO old school prices on primers though.
I think shooters are buying just a little more than they need on-line because the hazmat cost is the same whether it is 1 pound or 16 pounds.

100 million gun owners are virtually all hoarding bullets, powder and primers. Shooters are grabbing everything/anything that hits the shelves. No one wants to get caught short again so over-buying is quite common.

For 40yrs I bought powder in 1lb cans and bought it as I needed it. No need to do anything else because it was easy to find and prices were competitive. Now I buy 8lb jugs when I can find them. I typically give a few pounds to friends who need them but I keep the rest.

I'm constantly working up new loads with new bullets because I buy bullets that become available and not what I really want/need. These are crazy times.

Be diligent.
You just have to try several sites.
I like 4 sites that I regularly check.. Try them everyday, multiple times a day, off hours as well.
Important! Be flexible in alternate powders instead of that special one you want.
Check out immediately once you have them in your cart!
I can't stress this point enough. The days of shopping leisurely are gone.
Supplies are out there.