Where are the Bullets?

kc

Well guys I went shopping for the V-max, and the SSTs made by HORNADAY. I was mad as a hornet after I went out to WILLIAMS GUNSIGHT in Davison MI, They told me they were dropping that Bullet from there design inventory and is no longer in production, I gave HORNADAY a call and told them what the sales man told me and they have been back orderd from November.
I was assured they are in full production and have over 750 people working over time to keep up with demand for all the Bullets. The best advice was to mail order Cabela's and they can get your order out faster than at the stores.

so gang, I need to just set back and wait.

You people north of Detroit always seem to hav e issues. Maybe it's the water??

Did you try Guns Galore in Fenton or whatchamacallit (Gander Mountain I think) up by the Palace?

Watchmacallit GM) no longer orders loading equipment they are getting out of it.
Guns galore in Fenton is about 12 miles from me and they are out as of yesterday.

One of my friends works there @GM and he gets me great deals on parts and rifles.

One of the guys in our group has been shooting Zombie Max in 308 and wanted me to load some. Turns out Hornady don't offer the Z-Max in loose projectiles, only factory loads.

Had a bit of a time getting 55 grain FMJBT/C hornady's a while ago but now have a large box in 22cal.

I'd like to know where Federal primers went to (and 22LR's). I have plenty for now but how about later??

Sounds like you need to head west to the other side of the state. Jays in Clare seems to have a good inventory. Anothe of our group was up there last week and picked up a Sako Finnlite, they had 3 in stock. He said they had a good selection oif most everything (except Federal 210M primers).

I haven't been to Fenton in years. Used to buy guns there, but a good friend owns a shop nearby so I buy them there.... He don't have any primers either...lol

I buy zip at Cabelas unless it's on points. I'm less than 2 miles from there.

Thats because they are the regional distributors for Hornady. You already know where my corrugated cartons of bulk Hornady projectiles come from.......:D

Peersonally, I like the 5000 quantity. They pay the ship to cost.

Better stay outta the Yupe.:D

Man, I just don't know any bullet well enough to feel comfortable buying 5000 of them... 1000 I can see and have done. 2000-3000 and I better have a spare barrel waiting. Whoops, sorry, its more like I have been waiting the entire year so far on barrels that just don't show up. Just plunked down another $350 on a Shilen select match custom in 8x57 - 1:10 26" varmint so that I can have a "Mauser" that actually shoots. Already have the receiver and stock all lined up (Savage 116 long action) Figured I wasted 16 weeks waiting for 1 barrel maker, so I may as well wait another 16-24 on a different one who will probably deliver - eventually.

I did get another 400 of the 175 SMK bullets for the 308. I have about 500 more cases lying around from my first mixed brass buy but not all of it is useable.

I just wailed through another thousand 308 cases. You need to drop by and check out this new trimmer I got. You'll be amazed and impressed. It appeals to your simplistic attitude. It's uncomplicated, straightforward and, it works flawlessly and is very accurate and repeatable. How about 0.004 variation across 1000 or so cases, with no reset...... I think thats way out of the green machine's league btw. Actually, I don't know of any trimmer that is as repeatable as that, until now.....

I think I have about 200 of the 5000 I bought, left and I think I've ignited about 50 of that bunch, maybe. Just enough to sight it it and work up the load.....

This last grand was Wideners. The range brass. No tar and no nicotine and no culls interestingly.

I VLD'd the necks on these.

I'm sick of doing primer pockets........lol

The Wife and I are going north to do some vacation time at Wildernes St Park, I plan to stop in at the cabin east of Gaylord so I will to stop in at Jay's.
If I spend over $25 bucks I can just hear her now.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.