Where are the birds?

Muddyboots

Seriously, we do not have hardly any birds around at all. We always had tons of robins, blue birds, finches, orioles, crows, starlings you name it we-had them. There are no birds chirping singing at daybreak! Its eerily quiet except for cicadas, crickets etc. This seemed to happen over the past 2-3 weeks. Bird flu is in our area and we wonder if it really wiped everything out! We haven't seen a wild turkey in over a month. We took down feeders in January as precaution but looks like it had no effect.

When you don't have birds around, it is weird and scary quiet! Anybody else have this going on?

It seems like I'm not seeing as many tweety birds as normal but I am going out for my walks earlier and they aren't stirring yet. I haven't seen nearly as many robins lately and turkeys haven't been around but this time of year it's hit and miss on seeing the flocks depending what they are eating. I plan on going to a local lake after work and will be looking for waterfowl. I'll report back if I see none.

Here we have been seeing the usual, cactus wrens, sparrows, wood peckers, phoebes, lots of hummingbirds, they love the honeysuckle.

Mourning, white winged and eurasian collared doves, gambel's quail and cardinals as well.

No decline here, especially when my son feeds them, backyard can get a little crazy and crowded.
We have been on a decline for several years hardly no English sparrows anymore. All the pesticides the farmers use have taken its toll every bug that is dieing and then ate just dominos even bullfrogs aren't very plentiful anymore. If you are over 60 you have lived through the best part of this old world we are ruining it. David

Dove season starts soon in Texas and we had good numbers of birds around tanks and cut fields. We have had many recent heavy rains and now they are very few. Where do they go ?????

We have been on a decline for several years hardly no English sparrows anymore. All the pesticides the farmers use have taken its toll every bug that is dieing and then ate just dominos even bullfrogs aren't very plentiful anymore. If you are over 60 you have lived through the best part of this old world we are ruining it. David

Farming is not as big here as it is in other parts of the country. The overall drough might be a problem though, and even though the last couple of years of monsoon rain have been really good, it helps only for a little bit.

And now with the low water levels of lake Mead, lake Powell and the Colorado river, farming has taken a hit and has shrunk a bit to the reduction in water supply.

I don't see Farming here affecting us, but again, the drought might.

If Lake Mead and Powell dry up, we're gonna find Jimmy Hoffa.
I expect that we will be in some serious water trouble, although building permits are growing everywhere. Stupid.
We still have lots of birds though. Quail numbers in my neighborhood and migratory dove are numerous. Arizona is doing well still, even though we have many non-native species competing.

If Lake Mead and Powell dry up, we're gonna find Jimmy Hoffa.
I expect that we will be in some serious water trouble, although building permits are growing everywhere. Stupid.
We still have lots of birds though. Quail numbers in my neighborhood and migratory dove are numerous. Arizona is doing well still, even though we have many non-native species competing.
With water levels dangerously low, they better find a way to move water from the Mississippi River west…..oh, Biden says no pipelines.

So I'm sitting out on the deck with my coffee and hear a few song birds, but have noticed more hawks and owls than in the past. I also spent a day on the river this week. The predatory bird numbers seem to be significantly up in my area. Hawks and Ospreys were everywhere and even saw a young bald eagle.