When will the Vortex Viper HS LR be out???

Ryan55555

I have a new toy and need a scope. I have been looking at the PST's but don't need the illuminated reticle and like the price of the HS LR.

Does anybody have one? I played with one at the hunting expo in SLC and they appear to be very well built. Not sure of the 1/2 MOA elevation adjustment, I think 1/3 would be better but oh well.

Hopefully they will be available soon.

I was wondering the same thing so I called Vortex and they were thinking the end of June they should be available. I think I will give one a try.

I have been looking at the same scope and wondering about the 1/2 moa clicks also. What does everyone else think? Is that precise enough?

I talked to vortex 2 days ago, the guy told me the HS LR will not be available until late august.

The plain HS which is 1/4moa elevation clicks and has an elevation turret dust cover will be for sale sometime in June he thought? No zero stop on the plain HS and only 12 moa in elevation per revolution. I think I might try it out for now.

Does anyone know how easy it is to make sure what revolution the elevation turret is on without the zero stop? So your not a full turn off the mark in the heat of the moment while hunting?

When I searched for them earlier today I saw them showing "available" on Amazon, Opticsplanet, and SWFA. Not sure if they are mistaken and showing the wrong model, but looks right to me!

The one I was looking at was the 4-16x44 HS LR with BDC reticle.

I am also curious how the 1/2 MOA clicks do...anyone have experience with this? Seems like awful big jumps!

I also have a new build I was hoping to put one of these on. The 1/2 Moa clicks are a huge plus for my purposes (7 mag out to 1000). Rounding to the nearest half Moa, 2.5 inches at 1000 yards is the farthest I will be off do to the turret. I will be able to dial out past 1000 yards with one revolution of the turret. I have the regular viper on a 25-06 sendero and have been very pleased with it.
I was not planning on waiting until August however...

When I searched for them earlier today I saw them showing "available" on Amazon, Opticsplanet, and SWFA. Not sure if they are mistaken and showing the wrong model, but looks right to me!

The one I was looking at was the 4-16x44 HS LR with BDC reticle.

I am also curious how the 1/2 MOA clicks do...anyone have experience with this? Seems like awful big jumps!

Ive been eyeing this one closely but have been reluctant to order until I see some reviews. Again same questions here about the 1/2 MOA ilo 1/4.

Other opinions or comments?

lightbulb

I also have one preordered from opticsplanet. They originally stated that they would have them around June 6th. That didnt happen. I sent an email to vortex on the 6th asking when. I received a response the next morning sayin a couple more weeks. So as of now, the 1st part of July seems accurate. All things are subject to change though.

Last edited:
I talked to a guy at Vortex a couple of days ago, and he said that the HS versions started to ship the day before I called. He also said that they are expecting the HS LR versions to start shipping out mid to late August. Here is to hoping its sooner than that!!!! Patience was never a virtue of mine!

Vortex customer service lady told me a couple hours ago that they hope to start receiving the rest of the standard models end of august with the HS LR models to come at some unknown time after that.
I hope she was wrong I don't want to wait that long

According to an email received from Tim at Vortex, some of the std. 4x16 models should have started shipping to Opticsplanet this week.

Has anyone received the Vortex Viper HS standard 4-16x50 yet ? Vortex says the LR will be shipping out towards the end of August.

Midway USA had them in July and then they were out-of-stock not expected to receive anymore of them until January 2012.

I received an email yesterday and they have the standard 4-16x50 back in stock.

I would really like to see if anyone that has received them how they compare to the PST 4-16x50.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.