When will the supply drought end?

flyin lizard

Does anyone have any inside info,crystal ball or any idea when this lack of supplies will ease. Midway USA and Midsouth are bare, called several store within 100 miles and they have hardly anything on the shelves and orders are weeks over due.

I talked to someone at sinclair yesterday about some fed 215m primers and he said they where told that it would be some time next year before they would have any .

I think that the problem is now you are having people buy up the ammo to sell at a profit so it is prolonging the 'shortage'. It would be nice to see them stuck with a bunch of it.
This sure is making it harder to get new shooters for any shooting sport, I always figured I could let new people shoot my rimfire guns to shoot a silhouette match but now it's $5 for 50 rounds or more so it could get expensive fast. I saw some Eley at $36 per 50 rounds. OUCH

Surely, I can't be the only person who's had to cut back. Last year I was shooting every weekend with both the .308 and .22lr, now it's one or the other every other weekend and only shoot 5 rounds from the .308 and about one box of match ammo through the .22.

I've come to the realization that when I run out of ammo components the rifle's may get locked up for a while. If there's no ammo or components to by (or consumers are priced out of the game), the guns are useless.

EH

when will it end? when everyone stops buying stuff as soon as it comes in stock just because "I don't know when I'll be able to get some more and the XXX thousand I have already might not last"

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts