When to settle on a load?

I'd say your done. If anything, I'd shoot a 2-3 shot group @ 200 just to be sure but that's just me and my weird luck. I've seen groups that looked great @100 spread as I went out but my 200 groups never do and for some weird reason they always track. It's probably just me but worth 2-3 primers
I even group my 22 lr's at 200 for the same reason. Needless to say 243 3006 and 22lr are dialed at very long range for the cheap eq I have.

I would say you're done!!! Looks excellent to me. Antelope heart is about as big as your fist, and you shooting into a dime !! Pick out the area in you trophy room, where your mount will go !!!! Have fun now, the science part is over, the hunt begins!!

It's easy to keep messing with any gun, but your hunt will be here before you know it.
As has been mentioned, get the longer range adjustments worked out and go have fun! Antelope are a blast to hunt and they usually test your LR skills.

Hold your horses where you are for now..and possibly forever, subject to your round count and throat erosion. You've a great grouping and velocity, certainly for hunting. If it holds together at longer ranges why go hotter and subject your rifle to accelerated barrel wear.
if you feel the need to experiment, save your current proven components, and go exploring when you can get a good supply of new components. Play it safe for now!!

Hello everyone,

I have been working up a load for my antelope hunt this fall. I just started reloading for rifles about 6 months ago and have really been enjoying it, but I'm not sure when to say the accuracy/velocity is acceptable.

I am shooting a 24" 300 Wby Vangaurd S2 in a Bell and Carlson medalist stock, Burris XTR-II, Rugged Suppressor, and Hawkins rings on a 20 MOA rail.

The load I have been working up has been with Norma Brass, 168 Barnes TTSX, RL19 powder, and WLRM primers.

I began my ladder test at 79.0 grains and got average velocity readings of 3074 FPS, I worked up in .5 grain increments and am currently at 83.0 grains. The max charge is 85.5 in the Barnes manual. I was getting really poor accuracy with the lower velocity loads, but once I hit 82 grains it really started to look promising. OAL is 3.560.

83.0 grains produced the group in the photo that I attached. Velocity was 3253 FPS with an extreme spread of 22. I am seeing no pressure signs and the groups have only gotten better as I near the max charge. Would you all continue to go up in charge, or be content with the accuracy/velocity of 83.0?
Are you happy with the group? You think it is a repeatable group? I have made the mistake of keep jacking with components and ladder test why after I was happy with a good grouping round, then I looked up and had 800 rounds down the tube. Not sure of expected life of 300 wby but eventually it will get to end of life. I would move on with what you got and do scope error test, BC adjustments and down range drop verifications. Just my 2 cents.