When to sell full custom?

Rflamm250

I have noticed over the years that full custom rigs sell better at different times of year. What are yalls thoughts on when the best time of year to sell a high end rifle. Just FYI the rifle in question is a RedRock ELR 300 Norma improved with the big Huskemaw Scope, 3 turrets for different elevations and around 50 loaded rounds and 50 fired brass.

I think it depends on where you plan on posting it. Here on LRH, everyone knows the cycle and the market (me, I would only consider buying a rifle between Dec-Mar to get it cheap). Similarly, I'd only buy a boat when the lakes are frozen or a snowmobile when I'm trying to get a tan (ha).

Put it on gunbroker in September and post a photo of it next to a trophy elk/whitetail/mulie and a photo of 1/2" groups and watch the idiots go nuts over it as they frantically try to figure out how they are going to kill that "once in a lifetime" bull that they booked a hunt for at last years sportsmanship show.

If you really want to get top dollar for it, find a local business owner that's making money hand over fist and has suddenly realized that he needs a hunting hobby. Take him to the range, give him 5 minutes of shooting advice, lay him down with your rifle and let him shoot a dime sized group at 100, and ring a 10" gong at 500...... name your price and giggle as you drive home. Hate yourself the rest of the season because you know **** well that he won't shoot it again until he wounds an elk at 926 yds because he printed a drop card and assumed he could pull it off

Sorry, I'm feeling a little feisty Friday..

Thanks for the advice. I was planning on posting it on this sight and I could do Gun Broker too. There are so many seasons and draw result dates. Selling local would be nice but there are not many LR shooters in my area (Florida).

I have noticed over the years that full custom rigs sell better at different times of year. What are yalls thoughts on when the best time of year to sell a high end rifle. Just FYI the rifle in question is a RedRock ELR 300 Norma improved with the big Huskemaw Scope, 3 turrets for different elevations and around 50 loaded rounds and 50 fired brass.
I would suggest 45 days before Christmas to advise and about 60 days before season to allow buyer time to sight in

I don't consider it a custom gun unless it was custom built to my specs. If not it is just a used gun. My 2 cents.

Firearms do not have a season for me. If in the market to buy or sell, I research and purchase or sell. It's always "shooting" season either animals or paper.

Armslist actually moves quite a few firearms. When I was cleaning out my safe, I sold several on bisman which is a free classifieds in the upper midwest. I'd definitely list it in west Texas and north Dakota local classifieds, oilfield hands think they have money to burn, they love their guns and toys. Keep their contact info, and when oil patch dries up, offer to buy it back for half what they paid lol.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.