When to give up on a barrel?

Wow.....I just finished reading this entire thread. I can imagine the frustration and heartache, not to mention the extra money you've spent trying to get what you should have gotten in the first place. I hope this is the final episode and they fix your rifle to your satisfaction.

Another update........ just got off the phone again with fierce. They are in the process of wrapping the new replacement barrel. Then it gets ceracoated, installed, checked out, shot and if everything checks out they will send it back to me in approximately 2 weeks.
I have been waiting on the 2 week thing for about 2 months now.
I really hope i get it in time for hunting season.

Another update........ just got off the phone again with fierce. They are in the process of wrapping the new replacement barrel. Then it gets ceracoated, installed, checked out, shot and if everything checks out they will send it back to me in approximately 2 weeks.
I have been waiting on the 2 week thing for about 2 months now.
I really hope i get it in time for hunting season.
I hope you get it back in time for the season, I like my fierce rifle but their are long on promises and short on delivery.

The way I see it with fierce is you better hope like heck it shoots up to the owners acceptable standards consistently straight out of the box or your going to have a long hard frustrating row to hoe. 🙂🤨😡🤬

My reloading friend is pretty much hooked on using h 1000. He says he can get any 28 nos to shoot to it's best potential with h1000 and he has done a lot of load work in other 28s and other calibers. I have suggested we use a different powder but he said it won't help??

Not trying something different than H1000, because someone says it won't help is folly. He doesn't know the micro structure of the steel.
( Part of the guns personality.)
If your guy refuses to try a different powder, get a new guy.

The way I see it with fierce is you better hope like heck it shoots up to the owners acceptable standards consistently straight out of the box or your going to have a long hard frustrating row to hoe. 🙂🤨😡🤬
All Fierce Edge lines come with a sub .5 MOA target showing you what ammo to use. As in most cases the guns can shoot .5 moa and owners can not shoot .5 moa. Owners standards? If they gave you a target showing .5 and you can't repeat, then it is you not the gun.

All Fierce Edge lines come with a sub .5 MOA target showing you what ammo to use. As in most cases the guns can shoot .5 moa and owners can not shoot .5 moa. Owners standards? If they gave you a target showing .5 and you can't repeat, then it is you not the gun.
One three shot group plus a "fowler" or "cleaning" shot well out of the group does not make a true half moa gun.

To me a true .5 minute rifle shoots that consistently. Mine did not. Fierce agreed with my findings that it was not consistently holding a .5 group.
Not sure if I can explain it any easier than that .
Looks like to me there are a few guys with a mental block or their reading comprehension skills are severely lacking.
So define that!

If your guy refuses to try a different powder, get a new guy.
Actually we tried retumbo and rl33 with the same results before the rifle was sent back.
Lots of different bullets were also used. Plus several kinds of factory ammo including the brand they shot and recommend. Also bought 2 boxes of their own dirt nap ammo. Plus probably no less then 4 different scopes not counting the scope fierce uses to do their own shooting.

I don't want to even think about the amount of money I have invested in this process!

To me a true .5 minute rifle shoots that consistently. Mine did not. Fierce agreed with my findings that it was not consistently holding a .5 group.
Not sure if I can explain it any easier than that .
Looks like to me there are a few guys with a mental block or their reading comprehension skills are severely lacking.
So define that!
I sold those rifles from the beginning in 2014 before retiring in 2020. I highly doubt you bought the same scope they use for the targets. I have been to their shop in Utah. They use a Kahles k1050i FT a $3000.00 bench scope. I'm sure my reading comprehension skills are fine. Your rifle does not shoot consistently. The ammo they use is the Hornady 162. ELD-X and you are saying you were able to get some? Steve Hornady has not ran any 28 Nosler for more than a year. How do I know this? He told me on a Elk hunt last fall. He is only loading the top 30 sellers. Other are making some ammo at $5-$8 bucks a shot. Now let me give you the bad news. They ended their relationship with the original builder of their very accurate rifles in Canada and are now trying to make them in house. They hired a gunsmith that has caused nothing but issues for this company. They fired him and have yet to replace him. I only wonder who will be replacing your barrel. I own one of their rifles in 28 Nosler. I run 180 VLD's with H1000 with great results. If you don't own a Fury, Edge, Twisted Edge, Carbon Edge or Carbon Titanium Edge you don't have one of their original made in Canada rifles. If you own a Carbon Fury, Rival, Twisted Rival, Carbon Rival, Carbon Titanium Rival or Reaper. These are the new lines they are trying to make in house. They have already had to recall the Rivals.
Hopefully your reading and comprehension is on point so you can understand you got screwed.

I sold those rifles from the beginning in 2014 before retiring in 2020. I highly doubt you bought the same scope they use for the targets. I have been to their shop in Utah. They use a Kahles k1050i FT a $3000.00 bench scope. I'm sure my reading comprehension skills are fine. Your rifle does not shoot consistently. The ammo they use is the Hornady 162. ELD-X and you are saying you were able to get some? Steve Hornady has not ran any 28 Nosler for more than a year. How do I know this? He told me on a Elk hunt last fall. He is only loading the top 30 sellers. Other are making some ammo at $5-$8 bucks a shot. Now let me give you the bad news. They ended their relationship with the original builder of their very accurate rifles in Canada and are now trying to make them in house. They hired a gunsmith that has caused nothing but issues for this company. They fired him and have yet to replace him. I only wonder who will be replacing your barrel. I own one of their rifles in 28 Nosler. I run 180 VLD's with H1000 with great results. If you don't own a Fury, Edge, Twisted Edge, Carbon Edge or Carbon Titanium Edge you don't have one of their original made in Canada rifles. If you own a Carbon Fury, Rival, Twisted Rival, Carbon Rival, Carbon Titanium Rival or Reaper. These are the new lines they are trying to make in house. They have already had to recall the Rivals.
Hopefully your reading and comprehension is on point so you can understand you got screwed.
Thank you sir for putting that out there. My hat is off to you.
That just about sums up the situation perfectly .

Just to clarify a little, they shot the rifle the first time with the trophy grade nosler 160 gr accubond factory ammo to get the .5 group.
Mine is a carbon fury. Now I know what I got.....literally. lol
Thank you again for the true and honest information. I could tell things were pretty bad out there but didn't realize it was that bad!